Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Building a Qui Gon Jinn lightsaber.

Default Building a Qui Gon Jinn lightsaber.

Hey guys,

I am looking at building a Qui Gon Jinn replica lightsaber and i just want to ask you guys on the forum for any help you can give?

I have used the MHS saber builder to test some parts out for the hilt, the parts i put together was:

- Hilt style 3 with standard style switch hole.
    - .75 male/female extension
    - screw on LED blade holder style 18
    - MHS new style heat sink V2
    - MPS pommel style 7

Can someone please check these over for me to see if i have the right parts?

Also how would i made the metal part which goes around the grip?

Thanks for your help

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

You're off to a pretty good start, but as someone who has tried to do exactly what you are attempting, may I make some suggestions?

Your hilt is a little short for a Qui-Gon. IIRC, LDM did a build that used a 9" blank extension and had it to within a quarter of an inch to the actual QG props length. I think it was this one:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...hlight=cingolo

As for the metal part that goes over the grips (we call them shrouds) I think you could possibly get Tim to make one for you for a custom work fee. His prices are very reasonable.

You can never get a 100% accurate Qui with MHS, but you can get pretty darn close. Have you given any consideration to Electronics?

Also, don't forget the slew of electronics to go in your saber!

If you can wait, I have an order in with Tim right now for a very basic MHS based Qui Gon. I started one back in 2010 that I never finished, the new one will be along the same lines as that one.
    2012-11-26 16.56.56.jpg

Try these threads out too,
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...tyle-MHS-saber

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...i-gon-Tutorial

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...torial-Revised

Is it a part which I can order or is it a proper saber? I don't mind waiting I'm new to this and wont really have the money to participate until around september, thanks for the reply

Thanks bomber, I'm new to this and all your help is appreciated, who is Tim? I have heard a lot about him in the day I have been on this forum. Also because the main hilt is black and QGJ saber do I paint that or is it a different material? What types of electronics do you suggest?

Tim is the owner and operator of the TCSS store and forum you are posting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Forder View Post
    Is it a part which I can order or is it a proper saber? I don't mind waiting I'm new to this and wont really have the money to participate until around september, thanks for the reply
    Keep reading the forums until September. There is so much to take in that it can seem overwhelming. But the more info you absorb everything will start to fall in place.

I will do thanks is that picture you put on a part for the lightsaber or is it the full thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Forder View Post
    I will do thanks is that picture you put on a part for the lightsaber or is it the full thing?
    It looks like the "full thing" though it is only one color.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

How do you make he saber black? Do you paint it or use other materials?