Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So, then we start. "Elesett" or "The Fallen".

They came from many different sources, mixed by the person who did them, and some are completely original. Goldwave seems to be the most popular for making sound fonts for PL sound cards.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    OK, I see it's "Education time"...

GFJedi, as you are relatively new to the community, "sound font piracy" is a VERY long standing issue. "The disclaimer" is a generally accepted part of being a good "community citizen", If you want a font in addition to the one that you originally picked for your card, you "compensate" the artist for their time and effort in making it, unless they ARE truly giving it away for free. I've been in that situation for a friend who was giving her cat font away for free for a while.

Since I do know the financial arrangement regarding the "default package fonts", because I know the parties involved, I know how it works. They are "free" because the font price is built into the card. That is what Erv' means by "free" - you bought a PL sound card, so a font of your choice comes with it "for free" though a licensing fee is paid and built into the price of the card in consequence. Because a newbie screws up a card (which commonly happens), the packages are there for an easy download, with minimal stress. It doesn't mean that if you bought a card with light meat, you can just go download dark meat "for free" because it is just sitting there. Technically the opportunity to do it is there as it's all there as part of an "honor system", but morally it is wrong to do it. Also, if he was giving everything away "for free", he wouldn't be advertising for saberfont.com.

One other little factoid... almost all who come into this hobby are "watched" to an extent, and over time, and develop a "reputation" which will follow them around, whether they realize it or not. And that reputation can have far reaching consequences, both good and bad.
    Thanks for the clarification. I was not condoning piracy, just stating it how i saw it. The default packages are not available to purchase separately anywhere on Plecterlabs, or on Saberfont, so it would appear that they did not intend to profit off those default packages, rather just supplying them to owners of their product.

Quote Originally Posted by GFJedi View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I was not condoning piracy, just stating it how i saw it. The default packages are not available to purchase separately anywhere on Plecterlabs, or on Saberfont, so it would appear that they did not intend to profit off those default packages, rather just supplying them to owners of their product.
    They aren't available for purchase on the PL site, because you either buy them from here, or saberfont.com Erv' just doesn't want to charge people every time they goof up a card (which is a good thing), because most of us know noobs RARELY back things up before messing around with a SD card.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Thanks

Thank you guys for your kind help and clearing some things out, I feel much wiser now. I was searching before- is the Chat Box working?

It works.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Where can I find it? Believe me, I tried to find it

Click on Forum, and then the chat should be there if you have the window open (arrow is on the right).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Either I'm blind or for new users chatbox is hidden- which is quite good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightMoritz View Post
    Either I'm blind or for new users chatbox is hidden- which is quite good thing.
    How did you find out about chat?

Also, go to your setting and make sure you have the "Show Chat box" turned on.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Hah, that should be it!

Well, found the "chat box rules" on the forums.