Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my take on I, Jedi

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Default my take on I, Jedi

My favorite star wars novel is I, Jedi. I've had 3 copies because I wore 2 out.
    Anyway, some of you on tcss Shoutbox know i've been working on this. It's my version of the saber Corran Horn builds during his time with the invids. built from found and traded items. It's MHS based, built from stuff I had left over or had acquired in trades.
    It is meant to be ugly, but functional. You'll also notice some hints of Mara Jade, I just coudn't resist adding. It's also my first foray in to reverse sound. what a pain in the rear that was. anyway, here it is. The ugly beastie itself.
    I still need to add a white seoul, I ended up using an amber as the tester.

Looks intresting, not sure what to make of it yet but I am cureious is you grip the choke how sell does the sound come out sence you got your hands over the vent holes.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    Looks intresting, not sure what to make of it yet but I am cureious is you grip the choke how sell does the sound come out sence you got your hands over the vent holes.
    Arkai planned ahead. There are sound holes hidden under the control box that vent out the gap on the bottom

I,Jedi is probably my favorite star wars book as well. I dig the design of your interpretation, which could be perfect because I have never found a good picture of his speeder handle saber or his grandfather's saber. Very nice indeed, I even like the control box, which I am normally not a fan of due to the whole discomfort and grip interference.Kudos.

interesting look love that book too
    ...YUP!

I read that book and liked it too, and that looks about like i imagined the hilt to be, based on the description...the only thing missing is a clutch/brake handle!
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 03-23-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Looks very good Arkai, it matches the description of the saber in the book well.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I like it.

And I loved the book. I read it again every few years. In fact, I think I'm due for another reading.

I still need to take pics of my MHS interpretation of Nomi Sunrider's saber.

There are pics of this saber from the Dark Horse comics in the Dark Lords of the Sith series, but, like with a lot of comics, different artists drew it differently.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

digging around my files, I found this. My first attempt at the Corran Horn saber. Now I remember why I wanted fins on the emmiter.