Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi there, Im new here, sharing my First saber design

Default Hi there, Im new here, sharing my First saber design

Crystal-Chamber-Heat Sink-3D-05.jpgCrystal-Chamber-Heat Sink-3D-06.jpgCrystal-Chamber-Heat Sink-11.jpgLightsaber-D-01.jpgDear all, Hey dudes~!!

I'm new here, and New to build my first lightsaber actually.
    Already ordered all parts i need from TCSS ( hehe thanks for Tim's Help~ yey~).
    Here i share my drawings and design.. seems not really got enough space to put all things,
    The crystal chamber set now building with machines...wire cut... lathe.....hope can finish by end of next week, and hope it success~~~ hehe.
    I hope u guys can share your experience with me.

thanks~!!!

Here is the link of my pics, ~~

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4654240&type=1

First off, Welcome to the Forums.

Your build seems pretty ambitious considering you have never built a lightsaber before. Here's a helpful hint - you are NOT going to be able to fit 2 switches on top of a CF and a battery pack.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

FJK is correct on the switches unless you are using some kind of very high and custom control box that won't work. With the pommel you chose you could put a switch in the pommel and a small tactile somewhere else for the auxiliary and keep that basic design which other than the switch issue looks nice with great potential imo. Good Luck with your build, MTFBWY and Welcome.

thanks for reply. very useful infomation and experience.and yes.. now i see its really canr put that 2 switches hahahaha..
    maybe i add 1 more adp like 2”long with a Activation box style 7. and hide a thick plate with the 2 switches inside. u think will it be work?

building a saber its really fun. just like i build the airsoft n watches.
    thanks!!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

If you used a blank box, then drilled the box for plungers, you could fit a custom made switch, or you could use that little BB switch for both. My only issue that I find with the design, is how you're going to account for the wires going to the LED during all the opening and closing of the chamber. I see no room for them to bunch up in front, and you'd have to have a very open tube for the wires to freely slide back and forth without catching if you did it that way.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Welcome, and I hope u love the journey you are about to embark. Sabering is the most fun I had doing so much work.

Trying to put a spring outside the wire for the LED, when i pull out and close the chamber, the wire will go back to the position because of the sprint will pull it back,,,,, i hope.... just need test hahaha....
    i will post the result after i test, Thanks~!!

Still thinking for the wiring problem hehe, today finish the crystal chamber and inner core build~~

20130703_002832.jpg20130703_003121.jpg20130703_003308.jpg20130703_003359.jpg20130703_003445.jpg

That is a very beautiful crystal chamber. I am impressed. However, much in the fashion of FJK, a word of warning: do not undertake an incredible project as your first. I did the same thing many years ago when I first started out. In my inexperienced haste to finish my saber, I fried a Petit Crouton, melted my wires and speaker, and burned out the LED. Do not make the same mistakes. Aside from the warning, I look forward to seeing your saber completed. I am deeply impressed with that crystal chamber.

Thanks for the advise~ yes... i think bit complicated, hahaha maybe over..
    sloved the problem for the wiring finally. will start tomorrow~
    here is some more pictures~~~
    https://www.facebook.com/inventor.wa...4654240&type=1