Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We appreciate lightsabers in switzerland too.

Default We appreciate lightsabers in switzerland too.

Hello!

Just a short post to introduce myself : I'm Eric, a swiss web designer, airsoft player and Magic the gathering player.
    As a star wars fan i've always wanted to have a lightsaber (a "realistic" one, not a cheap plastic one) and i've been saving up some money in order to buy a Force FX lightsaber. But then i ran across TCSS website and then i said : OK...that's awesome, i'll build one on my own. So i'm gonna order soon a lot of parts so i could build two lightsabers, one for me and the other one for my brother.

I decided to start directly with a lightsaber with sound (with a NanoBiscotte soundboard). Mainly because of the challenge and also because a lightsaber without the sound is not a real lightsaber^^

It should not be a really big difficulty because i've already worked on some electronics (I built my own MOSFET for my airsoft guns for example).

So here it is, i've been reading a lot on this forum these last two days and i decided it was time for me to introduce myself because i'll soon have one or two questions.

See you guys!

P.S : If my english is not perfect, I apologize but i didn't have a lot of opportunities to practice my english for a while.
    Last edited by 404Error; 06-19-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Welcome to the forums! There's a ton of information here to read, as I'm sure you've found out already. Play around with the MHS builder and come up with some designs you like. When you have questions, don't be afraid to ask.

No issues with your english. I'd have thought you were a native speaker if you hadn't mentioned it.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Great to have you on board.

Also make sure to remember that you have to get your Li-Ion batteries locally now after the US post decided not to ship them anymore.

Welcome! It is always great to see interest in our hobby growing around the World. Since you already have some electronics experience [more than I did when I started] you should not have much difficulty starting with a Nano Biscotte saber. It is an excellent little board to work with, but if you have any questions you can't find easy answers to in the manual or this forum's articles I'm sure members here can help. Best of luck with your and your brother's build and MTFBWY.

Welcome to the forum! This is definitely the place to be to get started with building sabers. Take your time to read up on everything and don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions or run into any problems - the members here are most helpful
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

You're going to love the simplicity of the nano biscotte. I just started my first custom saber build earlier this week and I was amazed just how easy Erv made that board to work with. It's worth it's price compared to trying to hack up a hasbro/mr board. Just be sure to have a very steady hand or a very nice fine tip for your soldering pencil. Oh, and welcome fellow new guy!

Welcome around!
    I'm sure you'll enjoy this hobby a lot
    Clicky Sig =>

Welcome to the forums. As a fellow newb the best advice I can give is read, read, read. The amount of knowledge contained in this forum is amazing, the search button will be your best friend.

Thanks everyone

@Darth Ryō : I see you live in Lyon. I went there at the beginning of the month for Lindsey Stirling's concert.
    I really enjoyed going there. It's a really beautiful city.

Hello fellow airsoft brother