Thread: main body query

Default main body query

Hi all,

So getting to grips with the bits and pieces that I want to order but I have a question.

I am putting together a blade holder style 1, with a choke style 1 short. To this I plan to put a ribbed V grove extension. So far so good Now, I want to keep my saber to around 12" and have found that if I put a standard body with switch hole the saber will be around 15 to 16" long (too long for me). Can I instead use a double threaded female connector instead? and if so where would my switches go?

btw I plan to finish with a pommel style 3 v2, I know, very Obi wan but thats what I want

Sorry if these are odd questions but I really dont know the answers and you guys probably do

thanks

Jon

If you use the 3" double female threaded connector, it will result in an overall length of 12.5"; staying within your limits. This then allows you order custom switch hole or box mounting placement (unless you have a great drill press set up, I highly recommend this). You would want to place the switch hole/box mount in that 3" connector.

You also want to think about what type of power source you will be using. This particular set up could go very well if you use one 18650 Li-ion battery with a recharge port. I could see the batter going in the ribbed v groove section, leaving enough room for a sound board (if you are including one) in the 3" extension if you plan the switch hole/box properly.

They are not odd questions, welcome to what I personal have experienced as a very addictive hobby, and I hope my information helps!
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a blaster by your side.

There are pommels designed for activation switches if you want to go that route, or you could use a blank standard pommel insert and drill the proper sized hole in it to mount your switch to, if you want a clean hilt look without switches or boxes protruding from the side.

Switches can go nearly any MHS part so long as you avoid the threaded areas. A main body piece is not necessary. I've built 4 MHS sabers now, and I've only used a main body piece once.

I prefer to drill my own holes since I have a nice drill press. If you don't have the tools or aren't comfortable doing so, then you can always get holes done by TCSS as custom work. Tim does a fantastic job on all custom orders.

Be sure to plan out your internals. You run out of space pretty quick inside a hilt. Good luck with your build!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!