Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NB Sound Board Issues

You should be testing your entire setup with a different battery source (preferably just one single cell 3.7V battery) - and test it ALL outside of the hilt, since you could be shorting something out inside the hilt. You will be asked for high quality pictures and close ups of the connections on the board, to the LED and a general pic of the wiring. I saw your post on FX as well.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

How far did you adjust the Drive parameter? If you drop it below about 820, then the NB can get damaged. The lower you set the Drive parameter, the more heat will build up on the board.

It's much safer to use a resistor. They're very inexpensive, and they're designed to disperse the extra power properly.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    How far did you adjust the Drive parameter? If you drop it below about 820, then the NB can get damaged. The lower you set the Drive parameter, the more heat will build up on the board.

It's much safer to use a resistor. They're very inexpensive, and they're designed to disperse the extra power properly.
    I drove it at 918. I can't find a 2w 1 Ohm resistor anywhere for the life of me (the closest the circuit requires) but I'll keep searching for one and I don't find it that logical to order one all the way from Washington State and pay $7.99 to ship a 66 cent resistor if I don't have to.
    Last edited by Xonos; 06-13-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    You should be testing your entire setup with a different battery source (preferably just one single cell 3.7V battery) - and test it ALL outside of the hilt, since you could be shorting something out inside the hilt. You will be asked for high quality pictures and close ups of the connections on the board, to the LED and a general pic of the wiring. I saw your post on FX as well.
    My whole setup worked perfectly until I took out the card and altered some swing sensitivity parameters. I posted the question there to see what Erv himself had to say about it.