Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Graflex No Nonsense - ANH Build - Noob Oriented

Sorry that I kinda fell off the map on this thread. I did in fact finish the saber and am thrilled with how it turned out. Took in out trick-or-treating with my kids on Halloween and had great reactions from folks as we went from house to house. Learned a ton from the build. here are the pics:

-MR FX soundboard
    -Seoul P4 blue LED
    -Pololu latching switch pcb
    -CSS blade holder
    -thin wall blade with clear poly inner wrapping
    -Genuine Graflex clamp and top end
    -Custom bottom end aka "I can't afford $300 for an ebay graflex"

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

btw Special THANK YOU to the seasoned sabersmiths who replied to my build thread on this guy an answered my noob questions.

Hi,
    Regarding the Pololu board, did you get the LV (low voltage) or SV (standard voltage?) version?
    And, to confirm, you put the switch that came with it under the red button? Or did you use some other switch?
    Any chance you can post a few close up pics of the switch assembly to give me and others some ideas where you ended up. It's odd that TCSS doesn't have some component that they could sell for just this issue we all come to eventually when converting a Graflex flash to a sabre.
    Thanks,
    Al

Al-

Thanks for the question.

I used the low voltage version. Found here:

http://www.pololu.com/product/751

You'll want to confirm based on which battery you are running. But that worked for me. I think the range is broad enough that you can get some good battery options.

Yes, you can use the stock redbutton that comes with the Graflex top end.

Will see what I can do on some pics...

Here's my switch that I put under the redbutton. The two wires go back to the Pololu board.[IMG][/IMG]

I used a scrap piece of electronics board to solder my switch too. Need to insulate the back of this so that if you have solder points on the back of the board they don't short out on the metal blade holder.

[IMG][/IMG]

another pic

Wow, using the scrap board was a stroke of genius. When I did my Empire Strikes Back version which I just finished and posted a few days ago, I ended up just packing the hole with excess electrical tape, to basically fill it up and keep the Polalu button stable and upright. Seeing this I may have to track down some board and steal a trick from your book!

Thanks Grey Elf! Necessity is the mother of invention.

thanks!
    pretty much what I expected you had done, but yes, the scrap board was a great idea. i figured i'd just use a plastic disc or something, but like your idea better.
    al

Yep. sounds like you got the idea. Lot's of ways to skin that cat, just need to allow for some trial error to get the switch to lay where you want it under the black graflex button.