Thread: Bubble Strip LEDs

Default Bubble Strip LEDs

I've been searching in vain to find a tutorial or something that explains how to have the scrolling LEDs under the bubble Strip or calculator bubbles. I have an NB but plan on upgrading to PC2.0.......can this be done with a PC?

No, you need a crystal focus led board to control that many LEDs. The NB has no true accent led controls (only a single static 3.3v pad)and the PC only has two.

Quote Originally Posted by GFJedi View Post
    No, you need a crystal focus led board to control that many LEDs. The NB has no true accent led controls (only a single static 3.3v pad)and the PC only has two.
    Thanks, that's what I needed to know!

Mike

Google search for "Larson Scanner" and see if you can find some schematics. You'll get the neat scrolling effect that was used in Knight Rider's K.I.T.T. and the Battlestar Galactica's cylons.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

You can run 3 accent LED's off the PC AND NB.

On the P.C. you can run two off the accent LED pads and and the 3.3V pad.

On the NB, you can run one off the 3.3 pad and two safely off the main LED in parallel.

With 3 accent LED's you can certainly achieve a small scrolling effect (although the LED on the 3.3 pad will start blinking when the kill pin is pulled)

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!