Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Polso d'oro, a Sith Stalker Saber by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Polso d'oro, a Sith Stalker Saber by LDM

Polso d'oro

This design has been floating around in my mind for a while. It is part of my "Sith Stalker" Series. That is simply a series of sabers (opposite the Jedi Hunter Series) meant to have been used by Jedi "assassins" who hunted Sith. I have not finished until now because I just felt it was missing "something". I wanted it to be very simple and elegant. The machined detail is subtle, but those who own sabers with my interpretation of "subtle detail" will wholeheartedly attest to the fact that it makes all the difference. See if you can figure out what is MHS and what isn't. I went with a classic color scheme (black with a gold choke) capped with solid polished aluminum (emitter and pommel). The recessed AV switch is my new purple ring AV and matches the blade color virtually perfectly. Oh yeah, what was the little detail it was missing? The KKD-Ring. KKD stands for "Kinda-Kobold-D" ring. Don't know what made me think to make it, but I am glad I did because now this exceptionally solid little saber is finished. It is 100% custom hand machined by me. Please no requests for me to make them. It took me an hour to do. Worth it in this case because it is indeed one of those elegant little details. I also went with some of my brass mesh in the windows of the pommel insert as another little detail. One cool thing internally is that there is a milled slot in the machined resonance chamber. The chamber slides into the hilt only one way (the KKD-ring screws line up with the milled slot) and is very secure. It is kinda difficult to explain, but this thing is SOLID.

Particulars:
    Highly customized MHS-based hilt
    Crystal Shard v1 with Darth Xusia's "Fear"
    TruPurpleTM Blade with Green FoC
    18650-based 2400 mAh Li-ion
    Machined ResonanceTM
    LDM 28mm HO speaker
    TruPurpleTM AV Switch
    Powder Coating
    KKD-RingTM(Oh yes I did TM)
    1" Optics Module (not MHS)

The BMT:

The Glams, FoC & Detail:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Your sabers really have a way of looking like they came from the films. This one is no exception. Bravo.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    Your sabers really have a way of looking like they came from the films. This one is no exception. Bravo.
    Thank you Sir.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

All the little details you put in your sabers are amazing. Love the recessed AV switch.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    All the little details you put in your sabers are amazing. Love the recessed AV switch.
    Thank you.

fantastic!
    as every of your sabers, this also has a nice flow.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Batosai View Post
    fantastic!
    as every of your sabers, this also has a nice flow.
    Thank you Sir. I do indeed go for flow

Another nice 1 Doc,
    I've been gone a long time, glad to see familiar faces
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El Rah View Post
    Another nice 1 Doc,
    I've been gone a long time, glad to see familiar faces

Welcome back!

Nice saber. Simple yet elegant and good looking. Love the color scheme too. Definitely classic but with a newer age look as well.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-