Thread: NB AV switch

Default NB AV switch

I have been looking for quite some time on the forums and I have no yet found anything to help me. All of the threads I have read have had accent LEDs, which my saber does not have, and I just wanted to know how to wire an AV switch to the sound board.

As long as it is a momentary switch, you just wire one pole to one switch pad and the other pole to the other switch pad. It's just that simple. No need to worry about polarity or anything.

AV switches can me momentary or latching, and can have accent LEDs in them or not. We'll need more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandau View Post
    AV switches can me momentary or latching, and can have accent LEDs in them or not. We'll need more details.
    If he's using an NB, he can only use a momentary. GFJedi is correct regarding the switch portion of the AV switch.
    IF it has a LED that he wants to use, he could use the 3.3V pad to power that LED.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

That's true that the board can only use Momentary, but I don't like to assume so I asked for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandau View Post
    That's true that the board can only use Momentary, but I don't like to assume so I asked for more details.
    He did mention that it was "NB AV Switch" in the thread title.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com