A couple of years ago I posted some pictures of a Mag-Lite saber I created. Here is the POST. Mag-Lite has come out with a new Pro flashlight that is almost 2x brighter than the original Mag-Lite LED. I decided to buy one to upgrade, and it makes a real difference. Here are some pictures to show you.

In these pictures everything is the same except the flashlight handle and LED itself. Same blade holder, lens, filter, blade, etc.

Here is the original Mag-Lite LED.

20130610_160253.jpg

Here is the saber with the new Mag-Lite PRO LED. Notice the difference in brightness.

20130610_161710.jpg

The bare LEDs compared side by side on white paper. The regular Mag-Lite LED on the left, and the brighter PRO model on the right. It's a little hard to tell in the photo, but you can see the right one puts out more light.

20130610_160405.jpg

And finally- a comparison to other sabers.... On the left is Vader FX conversion using Deep Red 3w Lux with TCSS show blade. In the middle is the new Mag-Lite Pro flashlight saber with the cyan colored filter and TCSS battle blade. On the right is unaltered Force FX Luke ANH saber with the full string of LEDs in the blade. The Mag-Lite is still not quite as bright, but it is pretty close now.

20130610_161842.jpg

Bottom line- if anyone wants to build a Mag-Lite saber, or already has a Mag-Lite saber, get the Mag-Lite Pro. I was able to swap out the flashlight handle of my existing Mag-Lite with the PRO in about 5 mins and it's like a brand-new saber. The old flashlight has joined my toolbox and resumed it's life as an actual flashlight.