Thread: 2nd MHS Hilt/Birthday gift: Sunrunner (Electrum Inspired saber)

Lightbulb 2nd MHS Hilt/Birthday gift: Sunrunner (Electrum Inspired saber)

Now with some planning and revising, my brother and I have figured out how he wants his saber to look, and have come up with the following saber...
    SaberBuilder_Sunrunner.jpg

being that he also will be getting a chassis for this instead of a PVC sleeve like I intended for mine, here is what I've gathered so far:

-Screw on LED blade holder style 2
    -1" Hilt safety plug (transwhite)
    -LED "Corbin style" Battle blade 1" OD (32 inches)
    ** Quad Wrap
    ** Standard
    -Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module
    [Luxeon Rebel Star (Cyan) w/ 1ohm, 2w resistor]
    -MHS choke style 2 w/ Brilliant Brass Powdercoat
    -4" Double female threaded connector w/ Box 9 mounting service
    -Brass Activation box style 9
    -16mm Anti Vandal Momentary Gold Plated Switch
    -2.1mm Power Jack
    -4-40 button head
    -Kill Plug Style 5
    -Double ended male threaded connector style 1
    -4" Double Female Grooved Extension piece without holes, w/ Wet Black Powdercoat
    -MPS Pommel style 3 v2
    -MPS C-Clip
    -MPS Insert Style 1
    -MHS speaker mount V4
    -Premium Speaker
    -Nano Biscotte Sound Module V1 (Light Meat)
    -x5 JST Connectors
    -x2 Stainless 4-40 all thread
    -x1 Brass 3/16" OD tube
    -x8 Brass 4-40 Hex nut
    -Machined button for Covertec clip
    -8-32 x 1/4" socket head
    -8-32 x 1/8" Set screw
    -Drill/Tap Hole(8-32)x2 (1 for blade holder and the other for the covertec clip socket head)
    -Acrylic discs for NB and 18650 Battery
    -18650 (or approximate equivalent) li-ion battery running at 3.7v with at least 2200 mAh capacity
    -PCB for 3.7v battery, should I need to wire another up.

Now, I would like to secure the chassis in place so it doesn't turn with the rest of my parts as I screw individual pieces together, and I am undecided on how to go about this. I had two ideas in mind so far:

1- have another 8/32 hole drilled and tapped in the middle of the double male adapter, and have another set screw hold a drilled chassis disc in place.
    2- order a Chassis Disc Style 4 and try to fit it into place, and have it hold the electronics in place if all goes according to plan.

My brother is pretty eager to see this thing come to life once I scrap the money needed to get it going after paying for my car insurance, along with help from our parents who offered to pitch in for this endeavour, so any feedback or suggestions/reminders of things I may have missed would be very appreciated and welcomed.

Both options are valid.

I see nothing missing from your shopping list, but I'm still on my first cup of coffee this morning. You appear to have everything covered.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!