Thread: Obi-Wan V2 EpIII

Default Obi-Wan V2 EpIII

Build progress for my MHS based Obi-Wan V2 from Episode III.

When I first started on this build I had lots of open questions regarding how I was going to approach the activation box. I searched the forums for ideas and inspiration so I thought I would share my build progress so others might benefit.

Completed electronics chassis using parts from TCSS (PC 2.0, 14500, etc.)

Recharge port hidden behind the speaker and will be concealed in the pommel when closed.

Chassis is oriented in the main body section as shown below. The wires pointing upward feed into the activation box for the switches.

All the parts that comprise the activation box internals.

Slot cut into the side of the activation box. This was done by drilling a series of holes along the center line then squaring it out will considerable amounts of filing.

The switches are mounted to a board that is held in place with some wire wrapped around the mounting screw and attached to the board.

Switch activator required custom machining from plate aluminum and the generous help from a friend of mine who has a milling machine.

Hot glue was applied to the back of the switches to prevent shorting.

Here is how it looks inside.

Video of switch action.
    http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/Ma...ce4a2.mp4.html

Here is how it looks with the chassis in place and wires all situated.

Activation box all complete.

Thanks for looking.

Nice work so far.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing the rest.
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

Nice switch indeed
    Also looking forward your progress!
    Clicky Sig =>

Well done, and thanks for sharing build pics. Post like this is why we get so many new ones, like myself, coming to this forum.
    I've been taking progress pics of my build and hope to do a start to finish image gallery.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Another build log entry...

Chassis stabilization disc holds the internals together. Notice the threaded hole added to secure everything with the screw used to hold activation box which sits directly about this when assembled.

Here is the disc installed and holding the electronics chassis in place and it itself is secured by the activation box mounting screw as mentioned above.

Next step is to polish the activation box as well as figure out what I am going to use for the gear section behind it. I read that someone used a timing belt that was inverted and wrapped around? Anyone have any pics or comments on how that worked out?

Thanks for looking...