Thread: Hasbro's Old Telescoping Blades

Exclamation Hasbro's Old Telescoping Blades

I am in the process in building a 2 twin lightsabers. However, when I saw the price tag on the Crystal Focus and the Nano Biscotte, I was shocked! They were at the 100-200 range for U.S Dollars. I can't afford that, however I remembered I had a bunch of telescoping lightsabers, so I opened the lightsaber up and voila the sound board was a small bread board. However, because I am only a kid with no experience in electricity, (The first time I soldered with my dad, it was a cold joint) I have to ask you guys in the TCSS forum. See what you think and if it's a stupid post, message me and I will remove it. Thank you.
    Lord Joong Yin
    Master of the shadows, the light, and everything else in between (and Vaapad)

Chon (Lightsaber 1)
    Heaven

Ji (Lightsaber 2)
    Earth

I'm sure that if you look around and you see what is in the saber, you might find a tutorial that covers it somewhere here on the forums, though older boards are harder to come by these days. And a Nano Biscotti is only $65. - I think you are getting it confused with a Petit Crouton board.

Anyway, no one said that this would be a cheap hobby - ever!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yeah, I think I mixed it up with the Petit Crouton. You are right, it is not a cheap hobby. However, there are ways to cut costs... Thanks anyway Forgetful Jedi Knight.
    Lord Joong Yin
    Master of the shadows, the light, and everything else in between (and Vaapad)

Chon (Lightsaber 1)
    Heaven

Ji (Lightsaber 2)
    Earth

Quote Originally Posted by JoongYin View Post
    Yeah, I think I mixed it up with the Petit Crouton. You are right, it is not a cheap hobby. However, there are ways to cut costs... Thanks anyway Forgetful Jedi Knight.
    True, but remember when you "cut costs", your saber may not have everything that nicer sabers have. As long as you are mindful of that, you'll be fine.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

There are a handful of tutorials for reusing the Hasbro saber sound boards. Many of us have done sabers that way.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...w-DVD-Tutorial is the main one I used, since those are the sabers that were available when I got into the saber building hobby. Post a picture of your saber board, someone should be able to identify it.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

It's also worth noting that a lot of those toys had really terrible sound. I think you'd be much happier with a Nano or a PC 2.0. It's more money, but, then, everything worth having is.

If wiring is not something you want to do, consider the prewired boards TCSS sells. It would be a lot of the work and risk already handled for you by a professional.