Thread: New Lightsaber 'REQUIEM'

Default New Lightsaber 'REQUIEM'

Hey all,

So It's been quite some time since I posted here last, college, work, and girlfriend commitments as they've been, but I have a brand new project in the works and I thought I'd share it and get a few opinions.

LDM was initially helping me with the assembly/wiring of the saber, but he kindly referred me to someone more local to save me time and money, nevertheless he was a great help.

Ok so the saber is a 10" MHS design with a MHS chassis and a PC 2.0 in it wired for FOC. It's somewhat reminiscent of lukes ANH saber, but I think It's unique enough to call my own. It will be the first working saber I'll have since my first attempt at a sound setup in a saber melted down.. literally.

It will be using a Green/Green/White Tri-Rebel LED and a green AV switch. Can never have too much green.

A MHS render for reference:

I'll update this thread with progress as I go along!
    REQUIEM

Looks like a fine design. Maybe add a splash of color if you like.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I'll second that. It's a very good looking saber. Perhaps a little black on the bottom "hand grip" section to get it closer to the Vader/Luke saber look?

Oh, and I used a GGW in my first build, too...don't look at the bottom of the blade if you turn it on in a dark room. 320 lumens of green can be hard on the eyes. Makes it very useable in a bright room, though.
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

Thanks guys,

Maybe a powder coating of every second groove on the bottom extension? Either that or I was thinking in place of the coat, some rubber grip strips.

All a work in progress, I'll be sure to post pictures as I get closer to finishing everything.
    REQUIEM

I received all the parts in the mail today, so naturally, I'm like a kid at Christmas right now

Here's a look at what It's like when all put together, albeit without electronics just yet:

I'll be sending it away soon to be all wired up, as soon as I get it back I'll upload a short demo. Super excited! First proper saber with sound
    REQUIEM

I like it. A very fluid two-hand grip will suit that saber nicely. Have you considered a belt attachment for it?

Yeah I noticed that, It feels even sturdier than it looks, really easily twirled with one hand or swung with both.

I have There's actually a covertech wheel on the opposite side of the saber. My fault for not posting a photo of the back I suppose, ha :P

I also have a covertech clip to attach to a belt once I've found one I like.
    REQUIEM