Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tri-Rebel Star

Some of Ultrasabers RGB sabers do have sound and some don't. If I were to use a card without a driver it would work? I would rather not get an ultrasabers saber as I want it to be personal to me, like most of the guys on here I guess does the NB have drivers built in?

Thanks for all your help by the way, there is a steep learning curve with this.

Those ribbed sections have a smaller inner diameter than other MHS parts, you will need to keep that in mind when planning your internals... that's bitten me more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by TrypWyr View Post
    Those ribbed sections have a smaller inner diameter than other MHS parts, you will need to keep that in mind when planning your internals... that's bitten me more than once.
    That plus the fact that the ribbed sections aren't the greatest for switches.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Hmm, hadn't realized that, I shall have a rethink on that front then, as I'm planning on doing an internal chassis.

Might make more sense.

Doesn't the Crystal Focus board, or the Igniter have the capabilities of color changing blades?
    I know they can, but I don't know how that is achieved (i.e. switch or config.)
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yin View Post
    Doesn't the Crystal Focus board, or the Igniter have the capabilities of color changing blades?
    I know they can, but I don't know how that is achieved (i.e. switch or config.)
    Yes, they do. HOWEVER, those are not boards I would recommend for someone doing their first build. As it is, this hobby gets expensive, fast.

Besides, the paperwork involved when a Padawan blows themselves up building their first saber is lengthy and tedious.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Solved the problem, bought a CF 6.5 board, ok, so it can't change color on the fly but it can be easily changed, good enough for me

Now I just need to plan a wiring diagram to include the following

CF 6.5 board
    LED Engin LZ4 10W Multi Color (RGBW)
    7.4v Li-ion 2600mAh 18650 Battery Pack
    PLI (Power Level Indicator)
    16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Blue Ring Switch
    16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Red Ring Switch
    2W Bass Speaker
    3.5mm R.I.C.E.™ Port Style 1
    2.1mm Power Jack
    Activation box style 14

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Ok, So you're jumping into the deep end of the pool. How good are your soldering skills?

My first suggestion is to download and print the manual and read it several times.

Many of the wiring diagrams for the items you mentioned are in it.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 05-17-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Yeah, I never do half measures

Though I will admit I hadn't read your previous post before ordering, but I probably still would have ordered the CF board
    The set up I'm now aiming for is much more standard, been looking through the CF manual, it's got a lot of info there, gonna have to spend some time working out the build before I even think of starting construction.

My soldering skills are ok, not great but ok, though I am steady handed and methodical

Like i said at the start of this thread I can only afford to do this once so I want to do it properly first time, and have a final product I'm happy with

Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoof View Post
    Yeah, I never do half measures

Though I will admit I hadn't read your previous post before ordering, but I probably still would have ordered the CF board
    The set up I'm now aiming for is much more standard, been looking through the CF manual, it's got a lot of info there, gonna have to spend some time working out the build before I even think of starting construction.

My soldering skills are ok, not great but ok, though I am steady handed and methodical

Like i said at the start of this thread I can only afford to do this once so I want to do it properly first time, and have a final product I'm happy with
    Yeah, now you'll have to incorporate a RICE port, recharge port, PLI bar graph, gigantic battery pack and 2 switches into your design. Complicates matters, this does.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines