Thread: First build - wiring check

Default First build - wiring check

Hi,

I was working on my new build for quite a while. I would like to use Crystal Focus V6 and LED Engin.
    This is my wiring diagram for the top side of the CF6 card and bottom for the color mixing. Also I will attach calculated resistor chart.

General wiring.jpgCOLOR MIXING CF6.jpgRESISTOR CHART.jpg Please correct me if anything is wrong. I will really appreciate that
    Which resistors should I use? The ones I have selected are not shown on the website. Is it ok if I use higher value resistor?
    I didn't include resistor values for the LED bargraph because I didn't find the LED's I am going to use yet.

LED mixing include R.I.C.E. port and all dice connections to the board so please let me know if these connections are right including the resistors. My main question I was mostly concerned about is if I need resistor for the main die (GREEN connected in series) because it is only 1ohm according to the calculations. However, I thought there is a current reducer attached to the board. Is this correct? Or do I have to attach this 1ohm resistor?

I am also going to build other saber which I have already designed but I want to use Luxeon Tri-Rebel Star Rb, Rb, W. However, I couldn't find forward voltage for it, so I couldn't find the right resistors.
    This second saber is going to be similar in electronics build but it will not be including the color mixing feature.

This is pretty much it. I will appreciate all helpful comments. Thank you!

The diagrams look pretty good. The board does have a current regulator, so no resistor required for the Green main die.
    However, real color mixing will require a CEx board. You will be able to mix basic colors with the setup you have. And because you are using both greens, mixing with that color will likely give your mixed color a greenish tint (2 green v 1 blue), just something you should be mindful of. Also, since you are running the Greens in serial, you are going to be pulling close to 7V. You may want to seriously consider using just one Green. Otherwise you may not be "happy" with what you see, when you try to mix colors.

I haven't checked your main LED resistors and since I don't use my CF's this way I would need to se how the "legacy calculations" work.

For Tri-Rebel Rb's a Vf of 3.3 - 3.4 is a good number to use.

Good Luck!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

So you are saying it would be better to run two green in parallel or just fully eliminate one of the greens? I was also thinking to use Color extender but it is another $40 or so..
    I was thinking to use mostly green LED as a main color and occasionally change it a bit.

If you are mainly going to use green, then you can run the 2 of them in parallel (each will get 1A). IF you are going to try and mix colors (and include green), that is where the issues could come in.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Ok thank you. The same setup in parallel also doesn't require any additional resistors, correct? I just have to make sure

Quote Originally Posted by Thralko View Post
    Ok thank you. The same setup in parallel also doesn't require any additional resistors, correct? I just have to make sure
    Correct.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines