Thread: Upgraded battaery, now speaker is acting weird.

Default Upgraded battaery, now speaker is acting weird.

So today my new 1050mah 14650 battery arrived and I hooked it right up. Booted up fine, turned on fine, but after a few swings, the sound suddenly cuts out... The saber will continue to turn on and off, but with no sounds. If I plug the kill key back in for a few seconds, pull it out and then turn it on, it will have sound again for a few seconds, then the sounds dies again. LED still lights up as normal and reacts to clashes, flickers, and what not. Also, the board seems bit warmer than usual... Any thoughts?
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

Is the battery fully charged?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yes it is, but pretty sure I just discovered the problem. I took the chassis out and looked over the wiring. Close inspection of the speaker wires showed that the negative wire was frayed right at the board pad. I went to just move it slightly to check the connection, and the wire snaps off, only a couple of the wire strands were connected. Guess I'll re-solder that and update in a bit...
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

So update: Re-solder the negative pad, hooked everything back up and pulled the kill key. Got the boot up sound, turned it on, ignition and hum sound go fine, but still as soon as a swing (and clash as I found out) is triggered, sound dies. LED is working fine, responds to clashes and lockups as it should. One thing I noticed is that when the speaker was connect and the sound dies, the board gets really warm, like I don't wanna touch it warm. But if disconnect the speaker and THEN boot it up and turn it on, not heat from the board. Asking MH over at FX-sabers about if a fried speaker may be the issue.
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O