Thread: dyanaohm resistor for stunts?

Default dyanaohm resistor for stunts?

So I have some spare parts lying around, and I thought about using them to wire up a stunt hilt until I get the requisite electronics to finish the job. I already purchased the Tri-Rebel (Rb/Rb/W) I need for the main blade, and I have a NiMH battery pack and a latching switch I can use until I get around to the rest of the electronics for this porject.

My question is, can I use the variable resistor for the main blade? It says it is suited for accent leds, but I am wondering if it is usable for the Tri? I figure I could save the money I would spend on a specific resistor by using it in a stunt and and switching it in line with my AV switch when I get the soundboard. Thoughts?

No, you can not. It only runs at 20mA, that's why it says its suited for accent LED's. You could use it for your switch if you have an AV switch, preferable after you get a soundboard.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I figured that might be the case. At any rate, I think I will just get the proper resistor I need for the LED and the switch.

In which case, as I am wiring the blue and the die in series, I want to use the forward voltage of the lower of the two, yes? In this case, the white @3.1 volts. If my battery pack puts out 4.8 volts, and I want 1 amp going to the dice, I will need a 1.8 ohm resistor, but I could probably get away with a 1.5 ohm resistor without much trouble yes? Is my math right?

In series you would add the voltages together. What you want to do is wire them parallel.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!