Thread: Wiring a seoul P4 for white

Default Wiring a seoul P4 for white

So i cant select the white color option in the store so im posting here in case someone has a diagram of how to wire the P4 for white.

HUH? You would wire a white P4 the same way you would wire any other P4, positive wire goes on a pad marked (+) and negative wire goes on a pad marked (-). I don't really get what you're asking. If you can't select white, then the store is probably out of them.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

it doesn't have a out of stock marker and i found plenty of hints that you can wire it for white like the rebel stars and LUX 3's

When you select your color on the P4, it gives you the options of red, green or blue. Yes, Tim carries a white, but that particular color is currently out of stock, which is why when you choose between the options, you get red, green, or blue, and not white.

As for the second sentence, I am not sure what you mean. Perhaps you are thinking of obtaining white by means of color-mixing? A Tri-rebel RGB led, running all three dice at the same time makes a white light, like shooting a rainbow into a prism, but there is no way to take a single color red, green, or blue LED and get white, no matter how you wire it or what type of luxeon it is, because they only produce one color. There is only one way to wire a P4: to the positive and negative leads. If you want a white, get the luxeon rebel star in white. It is in stock, wires the exact same as a P4 (with + and - Pads) and is, of course, the color you are looking for.

thank you for help that answered alot of questions. i do however need to know what + and - terminals do you use to wire the LED because there are about 6 on the P4 that i wired for my ROTJ Luke conversion the only reason i was able to wire it was because it came prewired so we knew which terminals to use. is there a manual it comes with when you buy the LED not the whole heatsink with JST connectors attached?

Any of them will do. Think of it as multiple chances to get it right, for those who aren't good at soldering.

No, there is no manual... like I said, just connect the right wire to the right pad (positive wire to 1 of the 3 (+) and a negative to 1 of the 3 (-) ).
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 05-07-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com