Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Double blade saber with 2 different colors

I'l just leave this here

-Sidd-

Make that two..

Nice! I'm just now coming back to this thread. Thanks for the pics. Seeing the idea actually made just confirms how cool it can look.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

It is an awesome idea.

If someone tells you your lightsaber isn't canon, you can tell them they are correct. Technically, with Disney making the changes to what is considered canon the books and comics are out. Only the 7 movies (Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI, and the Clone Wars Movie) and the Clone Wars CG series (not the shorts) are included (and Rebels when it comes out in September). While this does mean Blue, Green, Purple, Red, and Yellow (Jedi Temple Guards in the Clone Wars series) are all canon colors (even recognized in the Disney Build Your Own Lightsaber Kiosks). If the colors aren't on the appropriate hilt then the lightsaber cannot be considered canon. The logical conclusion to a canon discussion is either all ligthsabers are canon or only the exact replicas are canon.

The following information on lightsaber construction (the last two concepts are taken from canon sources) should be enough to support the idea that all lightsaber are considered canon.

1) "[T]he weapon was tailored to the creator's specific needs and preferences" [WookieePedia reference]. While the quote was specifically about the length of the hilt, I have a feeling that anyone here will agree that the length of the hilt is also tailored by what the creator needs inside of the hilt.
    2) Each end of the lightsaber houses it's own crystal. I have no citation for this other than the question of "how would Darth Maul's lightsaber continue to work after it's cut in two if each end used the same crystal?" A basic understanding of how a circuit works is the basis for this question.
    3) Each user of the Force (I'm not specifically going to say Jedi) who construct their own lightsaber is guided to the the correct crystal[s] through the Force (in some cases the crystals are manufactured). If the Force determines that the Force user needs two separate crystals, then that is what he/she will be guided to find/select. While I don't have a citation here either, the base concept is covered in Season 5 of the Clone Wars in the Young Jedi Arc (episodes 6 - 9).

Thanks for reading my rant about all things canon. I hope I didn't offend or upset anyone.
    The above statements GREATLY depends on what battery solution as well as what sound card you plan on using to run your saber. Limitations will probably apply. Your mileage may vary. Any visual impairments are the sole responsibility of the saber builder/user. - Forgetful Jedi Knight

In accordance with the above, one Star Wars book, I believe the Jedi Path, states "should the user find himself attracted to a hilt made of Greel wood or a oddly colored lens they should listen to that voice." I believe this also applies to crystals. If you really wanted to adhere to this statement pretty much any saber is Canon...but I think a lot of people would also disagree.
    Last edited by TheSilverDark; 07-06-2014 at 01:17 AM.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands