Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Double blade saber with 2 different colors

Default Double blade saber with 2 different colors

I was just reading a post in which a builder wanted to use Cyan for his blade color, but wanted a Sith double blade saber, and he was wondering if Sith can have colors other then red.

That's when I got the idea of a double blade saber with 2 colors. I don't think I've seen this before, but with the right color combination, I think it could look really cool.

Has anyone done this or seen it before?

Maybe my saber after the saber that's after the current saber I'm building will be a double blade saber with 2 different colors.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

There are several examples of double-bladed sabers being wielded by Jedi. Most notably, the Satele Shan saber. Slothfurnace made an excellent reproduction of that saber, as have several other members of the community. The blades on that particular saber are cyan if I recall correctly.

There's no practical reason you couldn't make a saber staff with different colored blades on either end. You may end up with difficulty getting it approved by one of the official costuming groups, but you could certainly make it for your own enjoyment.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Honestly I think its a cool idea. I have thought about doing it myself, but I have to agree with SS getting one of the cosuming groups to approve it might be difficult.

It's only a problem if you're a member of one of those groups and wish to use your unorthodox saber in official functions. I'm not a member, so I can build any bizarre saber/costume I like.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Outside of costuming, you'd have to pick your colors carefully. Some colors clash and won't look that great spinning together, whereas other combinations do. The backstory of the saber comes into play too (if that matters to you). Personally, unless you're actually in one of those groups, I'd say do it! As long as you're happy with it and you picked a pair of colors that matter to you for whatever reason(s) there are, who cares what others say? Were I not OCD, I'd do the very same thing.. but I crave uniformity so I can't include myself from that example.

Personally, I think Cyan and White would flow really well together. Since you're shooting for a Sith saber, I'd say clashing colors would be great. Cyan and Amber would be cool..

Officially I am in no way associated with any costuming group and have no say in what anyone might do or think.

But like I said earlier I think its a cool idea. I have thought about doing a Cyan/RoyalBlue staff myself. I think the reason I am probably not going to go through with the build is because I question how canon the dual color saberstaff really is. Yoshi-Taka has done some "non-canon" sabers though to me they really look like something you'd see in a SW movie. I am sure the Sabersmith community would like it, I cant see myself making something "non-canon". Just my two cents. I would like to see one done I just dont think its going to be me making it lol

Quote Originally Posted by joshm74 View Post
    Yoshi-Taka has done some "non-canon" sabers though to me they really look like something you'd see in a SW movie. I am sure the Sabersmith community would like it, I cant see myself making something "non-canon". Just my two cents. I would like to see one done I just dont think its going to be me making it lol
    Complement and challenge accepted. =D

I'll have to do this for a far future project, but since my mind was thinking on it. . .
    I'd like to make it two 'twin' sabers that can be attached. The twist is, the designs will mirror each other (//=\\ or *&*=&*&), and the color scheme of the one will matched the blade color of the other?
    I don't know, but the planing phase is always the longest.

Additional thought:
    Maybe a Red blade and Blue blade with a purple crystal chamber in the mid. or a Blue-cyan-Green set up!

Must. Focus. On. Current. Build!
    Last edited by The Yin; 04-30-2013 at 05:08 PM. Reason: new thought
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

It's funny cause I'm already planning a second saber staff with this idea in mind.
    I always felt it was a pity that I could not have control over both side color independently on my current saber staff build.
    But my second project will take care of this ^^

I think it is a very cool idea, so go for it
    Clicky Sig =>

There was a comic (Star Wars: Invasion) where the main character (who has a yellow saber) takes another Jedi's saber (purple i think) and mates them together into a two colored saberstaff. looked sweet to me
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.