Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Did my Nano just fry my SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by Zazarus View Post
    Ok, so will i need to replace the sound card again as well?
    I would try everything else first (and maybe try a single cell 18650 on a QD), You might also have only damaged the SD card - try a different one if you have it. You could get the NB repaired... you would have to shoot Zook a PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Unfortunately I do not have a spare sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazarus View Post
    Unfortunately I do not have a spare sound card.
    A spare SD card... Those could be bought at Staples or someplace like that.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Oh, yes I do have some spare SD cards, just need a reader to get one on.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Sounds like you shorted the card out. If the board is not protected from touching metal, then you will indeed have a great deal of trouble, but that is true for ANY soundboard that you may choose. If you have bare wire that touches another wire or the inside metal of the hilt when things move around, you will also get a short. I will echo what the others have said, pictures of your set up would really help us to help you. It is no shame if your skills need improvement. One thing I can absolutely promise you is that the Nano did not destroy the card. User error may have caused a short or ESD which, in turn destroyed the card. Once again, no shame in that but learning what is indeed wrong would help you in the future, no matter which board you choose to use.

Also, as an FYI the 18650 3.7V pack on a QD is a much more efficient way to go for trooping. Keep 3 of them (1 in the saber and 2 handy) and you will get ~7 hours of run time with about 500 recharge cycles. The QD is the key. Just unscrew the pommel, unplug the drained battery and plug in the fresh one...all done (needless to say, I build tons of sabers for folks to troop with...maybe 25-30/year and that is almost always my recommendation to them).
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!