Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1st Saber... still unamed

Default 1st Saber... still unamed

Hello Masters of Saber-tude!

I just wanted to share all the joy I had building my first MHS Saber I titled my journey: Project 5A-83R, as a play on the word "saber" if it were based on droids. I wondered what Luke would have done with the bits and pieces of C-3PO if he had never been able to reassemble him. Originally, I wanted to go with an amber switch and an amber blade to match c-3PO's eyes. When those parts disappeared for me to order (not sure if they went out of stock or out of sale), I found the White Rebel was brighter, and I could buy the color disks and change colors as my mood changed. I am still on the hunt for a good name and a unique "top" to my kill switch. Overall, I am very happy with the results! On to the details:

MHS Parts Hilt: PC'd in Brilliant Brass (when real brass wasn't available) and Matte Black
    Nano Biscotte with custom arranged font
    Rebel Star White with Color Disks
    18650 3.7V Li-ion battery
    Orange LED ring AV Momentary Switch

Glam Shots:

I may find the time to post a video, since I found several sound fonts and picked and chose my favorite clashes and swings to create a custom sound. I originally had my heart set on the Madalorian Dark Saber font, but the gents over at saberforums only had the obsidian version (no wavs). I am happy with what I was able to put together, though!
    Last edited by JediRebel; 04-27-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: *edited to include Yoshi-Taka's request*
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a blaster by your side.

I like it. I'd really like to see it powered on, though.. especially with a blade.

I love how everything works together, I like the clean line, simplicity and the two-tone color. Can't wait to see this baby in action in a video.

Nicely done and congrats on your first build! Definitely like the color scheme. And i enjoy the idea of C-3PO being taken apart and turned into a saber, heh.
    Hope we get to see the video so we can hear your sound font mixing.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Thanks for the feedback! I will get the video up soon. On a side note, Starwinder - Nice to see a "neighbor" here.

Oh yeah, howdy neighbor! There's a couple of us here from around the metro area i think - good to see the population growing
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Nice saber is all I can say about this one. Simple yet good looking at the same time. I like the theme too. Lol. The blade color is also nice.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

The video has arrived! I noticed that when I compressed it for youtube, the swing sounds became offset. I promise that when I swing it in real life, the swings match!

Last edited by JediRebel; 05-02-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Born and raised in Alaska-currently in Louisville,Ky

Good work,I'm a big fan of contrast,love the black main body,overall,very sharp.
    OH,that font sounds familiar,
    MONGO-[aka ALASKAN JEDI]

Mongo,
    The website I used had a bunch of fonts in one zip... but I think your name looks familiar. Do I owe you a possible donation? If you made some of these, I could use your help! I found a quote from C-3PO I want to use as my boot font, but can't get my Nano to recognize it...