Thread: Pointed Blade tip vs original tip?

Default Pointed Blade tip vs original tip?

hey guys im just wondering what blade tip everyone likes the best? and what blade tip you think looks most like the movies?? i think the pointed is exactly like the clone wars series i donno about the movies, what do u think??

The pointed tip was seen in Ep III, in the original trilogy, they were basically rounded. It's all up to what each individual likes.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I've used both and have to agree with forgetful jedi knight that it really is just a matter of preference. They have identical functions and both look good.
    Last edited by Evilpancreas; 04-26-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

With regards to dueling/choreo I prefer to get hit with a rounded tip. The bullets look cool but have a tendency to cut in a glancing blow.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Force Aware

Several friends of mine have used the bullet tips and they've had issues keeping them on (perhaps the added mass/leverage?), but the again it could just be because they didn't glue theirs on too well. xD> In my opinion, rounded looks a lot better with color polyC since it doesn't stand out as much, but I can see the bullet tip making a saber look overall more aggressive as well. I bet the bullet tip would look great in those spear sabers people tend to fabricate.

I prefer round tips for dueling or Original Trilogy sabers and I prefer pointed tips for Prequel Trilogy sabers.

All my blades have pointed tips