Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yamato, a Devil May Cry Inspired saber (pic heavy)

Default Yamato, a Devil May Cry Inspired saber (pic heavy)

Hello all! I just wanted to share a few pics and video of a saber that I just finished for custom request. Initially he contacted me wanting a specialized saber in the form of a Devil May Cry styled Katana, as the character Virgil uses in the game/anime. After a few emails I drew a print with section and some switch details. It just so happens at the time Naigon was introducing a whole new series of Igniter boards. This saber is completely made from 6061 billet, nothing in it is standard besides the electronic parts.
    To get the right sizing for the hilt and overall length when finished with a blade, I ended up ordering a DMC cosplay sword from ebay, the metal was thick enough on the tsuba and bottom of the pommel to be re-used in the design. After machining was done my Powder coaterdown the road coated it with a very nice gold/brassy paint that matched the custom brass hardware made for the matching sheath.
    Specs; Igniter Mini, with 6 fonts, Devil May cry special font and 6 music tracks created and supplied by Lord-Blako.
    Battery; 3.7 volt Tenergy 18650 with recharge port.
    LED Custom Tri-Reb, Red, Green, Royal Blue. Speaker Railmaster 1.5 watt.
    Hilt wrap; White doe-skin leather with 2 coats of clear lacquer over black sea-ray skin as applied by Jedi Yar-Nala.
    A special Thanks to Naigon Electronics Creations for being fast on tech questions, Again Thanks to Pat at Industrial action for similar help with the config. set up. Also Lord Blako, the font works better than I had hoped or expected!. And of course thank you to Pickacabin, I had many of these ideas floating around in my head for awhile and you provided a project to apply them to.(Whats the saying now?...Rainbow saber!)This was completed inside of 90 days

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

You've got these down to a science, DA. Would you please put an image or two up without the blade on?

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Yes, I have a couple to upload yet with the sheath and whole assembly together, the blade is a heavy battle blade with diffuser from TCSS love the core effect!....Video as promised
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=becPs...ature=youtu.be

Great work! I am so jealous! You never cease to amaze.
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

Wow gorgeous work DA! Love the design on the tsuba!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

This saber is up to your usual (high) standards! I am jealous!

Impressive
    Clicky Sig =>

Thanks guys!
    Here is a couple of pics non lit and one with the sheath

I really love the katana lightsaber idea.
    This is one cool looking saber, I like the white ito.
    Cool stuff!

I started a katana style wrapped hilt a long time ago but my hilt and BH needed machining so it's been on the back burner. I was excited to see some real sting ray and tsuka ito but lacquer? You done ruined it! The coolest thing about tsuka ito is you can strip it down to clean and rewrap it. The only logic I can see behind it is that you strapped a control box over it anyways. I like the idea of leather but it seems less forgiving then silk. I imagine it has less stretch but retains creases so it's not as reusable as silk?