Thread: Jedi Hunter Series, V3 "Miastretta"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Jedi Hunter Series, V3 "Miastretta"

Miastretta

Miastretta means "my grasp"...well, it is a hybridization if it anyways, but the emitter reminds me of a grasping claw so I rolled with it. This saber was created as part of my Jedi Hunter Series. All of those sabers are clawed and MHS-based. As the series has progressed, the customization of the base parts has increased dramatically until this one, which has no parts that are not heavily modified. the pommel is completely custom. The BH is completely custom. The choke is completely custom. The hilt body has machined ribs and a knurled "clamp ring" housing the flush AV switch. The overall design does keep in tune with my elegance in design aesthetic, but make no mistake, this saber was built around the emitter. It has the "claws" as an actual structural component of the emitter. Due to the way that I designed this hilt, a standard MHS heatsink module simply wouldn't do, so I went with a custom 1" module to house the TruPurpleTM LED. I also wanted to try out my new take on a purple AV switch. The color is matched PERFECTLY. It may not come through on the pictures, but the hue is exact to the eye. I also wanted to add a bit of "flair" because I have been going so simple lately. Well, in keeping with the purple motif, I used a purple crinkle powder on the choke. Many sabers have copper of gold chokes, so I figured why not purple? I also wanted to keep true to the series and make sure that this saber was weathered. I decided on a "light/worn" motif so as to not detract from the purple powder. The result of all of this is an exceptionally comfortable spinning saber with a durable and unique color scheme. I hope folks like it as much as I do.

Particulars:
    Miastretta hilt
    Crystal Shard v1 with JK2 Outcast by Nightstorm
    TruPurple LED with SkyBlu FoC
    Custom machined 1" optics/heatsink module
    Diamond Knurling
    3.7V Li-ion (18650 2400mAh) w/2.1mm Recharge/kill in pommel
    Rebellion Pommel insert
    Powder Coating
    Triple-Baked Weathering
    LDM HO Speaker
    Machined Resonance
    TruPurple ring AV switch

The BMT:

The Glams:

FoC and Detail:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Great saber.
    The emitter looks really nice, the claws are giving character to the saber. Also, I like the line of your hilt.
    Congratulations!

Another wonderful saber. Well done, LDM!!
    <IIIIIIoIII/===============> /___________o_/================>
    "Do or do not, there is no try" - yoda

Man i really like the uniqueness of that blade holder, how it's clawed but turning inward at the top. Looks deadly!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Cool. Got a couple of new folks to comment (new to commenting on my stuff anyways, lol) Thanks folks
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!