Thread: Lightshoto Cuprisium by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Default Lightshoto Cuprisium by LDM

Lightshoto Cuprisium

This is a project that started as a little saber for my son from a single piece of 1.5" OD x 1.0" ID aluminum stock. It ended up as a full fledged project since I decided he wanted a CSv1 Shoto that I had been keeping. This project is a uni-body design meant to be durable. It is only 9" long. It has a green 12mm AV switch and a custom 1" LED module. I went with my favorite copper powder coating and a knurled grip. I wanted to make it very tool-like and comfortable for off-hand use. The only part that comes off is the pommel which has a Rebellion insert. I also used a 20mm Railmaster speaker with a custom resonance chamber. The battery is an 18650 (2400 mAh). The blade is a gorgeous Teal and the FoC is Salmon...yes it is my favorite combo Finished her off with Nightstorm's JK2 Outcast and zing! Enjoy!

Particulars:
    Custom machined uni-body hilt by LDM
    Crystal Shard v1 with Nightstorm's JK2 Outcast
    AquaTM blade with Salmon FoC
    18650 3.7V Li-ion with recharge in Pommel
    20mm Railmaster 2W speaker w/Machined ResonanceTM
    Knurled Grip
    LDM Powder coating

The BMT:

The Glams:

FoC & Detail:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I like. Short, sweet, simple.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Really sweet little saber... very nice visual balance and texture. Like the 12mm switch, too...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks guys. It was a fun little project.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Nice. I like the hilt design. Reminds me of something a Youngling might use.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Nice. I like the hilt design. Reminds me of something a Youngling might use.
    Indeed that was the idea Thanks!