Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LDM's Philanthropy challenge 2012, Prize reveal "Il Cuare di Angelo"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow LDM's Philanthropy challenge 2012, Prize reveal "Il Cuare di Angelo"

Il Cuare di Angelo
    "The Heart of an Angel"

The 2012 Philanthropy Challenge brought a bit of positivity into the World as it allowed us to share our positive experiences with the Lightsaber and Replica Prop Community. I ran it, as I always do, as a vehicle to reinvigorate my own spirit and restore my faith in mankind. It accomplished that goal in my eyes, as it always does. Many contributed beautiful examples of human kindness from their own life experiences and there were many who were worthy of winning the prize. As we find ourselves back into the swing of "real life" and things feel as fragile as ever, it did my heart good to create this saber for a very special little girl. Initially, Cane was the winner and although I posted the video of my bare arm selecting the winner people questioned the result's validity. Cane, being the gentleman that I know him to be, relinquished the win and asked that I select the person who I would pick if I would have been able to choose. I honor that request now and present Il Cuare di Angelo to Shmoetech's Daughter. She is an exceptionally special little girl who donates her time to other children with cancer. A child who gives so freely of herself is the purest form of charity in my eyes and indeed the very definition of philanthropy. The Heart of an Angel is the most appropriate name I could give this saber. I felt inspired to finally use my "star" pommel on a worthy project. This was it. I hope that it hearkens to the stars in the heavens which light the way for angels to do their good deeds. Finally, I created a custom boot sound for it so it will always remind you of it's name and the spirit in which it is given. I truly hope you enjoy it.

A special thanks to Vvenom and Caine for their contributions to this project.

Particulars:
    Nano Biscotti v1, Lightmeat with Custom "Il Cuare di Angelo" Boot
    Fully scratch machined hilt
    Leather Grip
    Gold Powder coat
    Custom Gold Switches (future upgrades possible)
    Machined Resonance and PVC Chassis
    Blue Cree XR-E LED
    Custom machined Optics module
    LDM HO Speaker
    4aaa battery pack

The BMT:

The Glams (Green mat included since they are better pix):

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

your a true scholar and a gentleman ldm.. good work
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
    your a true scholar and a gentleman ldm.. good work
    Thank you Sir. I had to constantly remind myself that I was building it for a little girl so that I kept it "size appropriate".
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Great saber as always LDM, and one for a worthy cause.
    Just one word, Bravo !

That is one beautiful looking saber! Nicely done as always LDM, and congratulations to your daughter Shmoetech!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Both you and Cane have done a wonderful thing.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thank you everyone.

Something I should have posted earlier...I did take a tiny bit of artistic license with the name. A literal translation is Il cuare di un Angelo, but I thought that was a scoche too long. I have to try to remember that TCSS has a relatively large number of native Italian speakers who catch me when I do it, lol. My Grandfather is a native speaker and I always consult with him on the names, so I have typically heard it already...usually something about how you young people have no respect for tradition, get your fingers out of the sauce it still has 4 hours to go, yada yada

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    usually something about how you young people have no respect for tradition, get your fingers out of the sauce it still has 4 hours to go, yada yada
    Hahaha, awesome.

Beautiful work, LDM, but then that's nothing unusual for you! I like the leather, looks good. Did you build the switches? They look smaller than an AV but larger than any tacs I've seen, nice change from the norm.

Out of curiosity, and I can PM you on this to keep unrelated chatter down if you like, how did you mask off the sections for your powder coat? I've been searching for a good technique for weeks, but Google is problematic when you aren't sure how to word the search... Yours looks wonderfully done!

Beautiful saber, Sir! Does she get a jar of sauce, too?

LDM, my daughter and I are in total oh, what a beautiful, wonderful saber! She absolutely loves the saber, she super excited to show it off. LDM, man to man, you are one of a kind. Thank you, from my daughter, myself, and my wife. It was a difficult time for us and by Gods graces all turned out well, she has shoqn so much strength returning week after week playing with children that may not be as lucky as she was, and my heart goes out to there family,. We didn't enter to win, just to show how proud we are. LDM thankyou sir! Also thanks Cane.
    Shmoetech
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".