Thread: Gunmetal colored saber.

Default Gunmetal colored saber.

I have a friend who wants me to help him build his first saber. The color scheme he was hoping for was Gunmetal and Brass coloring, the main hilt parts being gunmetal, and the shrouding in Brass. I at first led him to the Black Chrome powder coating, as in some pictures it seemed to be more of a metallic dark grey than black. He liked it at first, but now thinks it might be to dark, and he also doesn't like the "Warlock Grey." Anybody else know of some powder coating options that may suit his taste, or have some insight on how the Black Chrome looks in person?
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

Quote Originally Posted by CGompertz09 View Post
    I have a friend who wants me to help him build his first saber. The color scheme he was hoping for was Gunmetal and Brass coloring, the main hilt parts being gunmetal, and the shrouding in Brass. I at first led him to the Black Chrome powder coating, as in some pictures it seemed to be more of a metallic dark grey than black. He liked it at first, but now thinks it might be to dark, and he also doesn't like the "Warlock Grey." Anybody else know of some powder coating options that may suit his taste, or have some insight on how the Black Chrome looks in person?
    The Black Chrome is kind of difficult to accurately capture on camera. From my experience, I think the black chrome is a great "gun-metal" shade.
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

Also consider "smoked chrome"... It is the same finish madcow uses for his carbonite powder co great color, but ask Tim if he carries it first .