Thread: Planning my fist saber

Default Planning my fist saber

So after spending a couple days getting inspiration I came up with this. Something that I'm actually happy with and meets all my requirements for the "perfect sith saber."
    sith4.jpg

The only problem that I have is figuring out the internals and what's best. I want a crystal chamber in the vented section with red glow, amber anti vandal switch, no sound and red blade LED. I was planning on using trustfire batteries as I have them in my US and really like them as well.

This is my first time working with electronics, so any links to good tutorials would be good as well.
    Being closed minded is like a windmill without wind.
    Without the flow of criticism, your mill of creativity will never spin!

~Aaron Stevens

So I was thinking about it, and I realized that I would have to put the battery pack near the front in the ribbed section, which means to unscrew it to change the batteries I would have to use really long wires, or I can put in a recharge port so that I won't have to unscrew anything. Which is easier to do?

I also have no idea how to construct a crystal chamber, so help on that would be amazing!

Here's a little diagram of my thinking.
    sith4.2.jpg

~Aaron Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by AA-Battery View Post
    So I was thinking about it, and I realized that I would have to put the battery pack near the front in the ribbed section, which means to unscrew it to change the batteries I would have to use really long wires, or I can put in a recharge port so that I won't have to unscrew anything. Which is easier to do?

I also have no idea how to construct a crystal chamber, so help on that would be amazing!

Here's a little diagram of my thinking.
    sith4.2.jpg
    Looks like you beat me to the punch! *laughs* I started making my 1st saber myself, & right now I am trying to figure out how I am going to house everything in the hilt. I’ve seen many tutorials on how to put a saber together, but not too many explaining how to put everything inside.

I am planning on dressing up as Kyle Katarn this Halloween, & decided to make his saber from the comics (not the games) as my 1st blade. Something simple before going crazy.

I spoke to Tim about my designs, & he suggested that I look into getting a Crystal 6 card & Tri-Rebel LED (because I wanted a card that was programmable where I could change the color of the blade at will without taking anything apart). I will need 2 li-ion cells (18650 or 14500), & at 11v voltage. My saber is just shy of 14 inches, but it should work for what I need.

Right now I am still hemming & hawing about which activation switch that I should get. I am debating to go with either style 12#, 13#, or 19#. Both 12# & 13# have everything in the switch, but 19# is lacking the R.I.C.E. port.

I think the hardest thing about building something like this, is that if you don’t have something in hand, you can start going crazy with all the options that you can do. So some of this I have a feeling will be done by trail & error. Maybe actually getting the main body 1st, & then work around it. I know of people that bought parts for their 1st build, & it wasn’t quite exact to what they needed.

I am sorry about the rambling, but throwing some ideas out there to the build that I am working on! I hope that this helps a little bit!

Derrick

I forgot about Kyle. Been forever since I've played jedi academy.
    Ya, I thought about going with a main body, but I want a custom saber unique to me, which is why I'm even considering buying from here. Otherwise I'd just get a premade one from US again.

~Aaron Stevens

Crystal 6 card
    I will need 2 li-ion cells (18650 or 14500), & at 11v voltage

I think you may have misunderstood. He probably recommended a crystal focus 6 sound board, which runs just fine at 7.4 volts. That will do a color changing blade and rice port just fine.