Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: R G B Three Color Luxeon III

Can the RGB LED's be installed into a customized ForceFX Saber?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

These are cool..but remember they are dimmer than a standard 3w of the same color and you also need a special circuit/switch setup if you want to be able to change colors.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

how much dimmer? can TCSS do the special wiring?
    DB

I would not judge their brightness until i had one to compare it with. wiring is easy and it will produce 4 colors. i am using 2 toggle switches to get the for colors. one for red and blue with an off position in the center then another toggle to green. blue and green acheive a light blue.
    Here are some pictures with a lamp (60W bulb) and over head light (100watt )on and some with them off but not total dark.

I'll Be Listing a Color Changing vader on ebay just after January 1. I requires the additional switches but is quite simple to wire. for all those that have one coming I'll tell you that you wire it up with the positive as the common or C on the LED. The RGB connect to the negative and with all the grounds tied together from the plug the LED achieves the brightness of the others. I'll Post a wiring diagram soon. If anybody needs help in wiring before then just IM me or send an Email

the website mentioned earlier inthis thread has 3 models of "full color" LEDs, which one is the brightest? the red looks the dimmest in almost all colors of EL or LED, but it seems to vary from model to model of these multis.
    suggestions?
    DB

Here is the First 4 COLOR CHANGING Vader Conversion. Here are the pictures of the LED in all 4 positions.

Blue and Green ON at once

This conversion was done in about 4 hours.I beleve these are worth it especially if you can't decide which side to take Sith or Jedi.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Can a full blade shot be posted? It get nice true colors. I like the green a lot.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

the blue green photo looks like a lime color. looks good.

Nice Work []

BTW, did you have to gut the Vader saber before you could fit everything in?

Thanks in advance []