Thread: First time build, seen a concept design, lokking for a list of parts.

Default First time build, seen a concept design, lokking for a list of parts.

Hi Guys, so I've been to the http://www.sitharchives.com/ and seen the concept desing drawings for the Phantom Menace Kenobi lightsaber, since the Hasbro Force FX is never on the UK ebay site I thought I'd give it a go, unlike other Lightsabers (the Episode 4 one) this doesn't have a list of parts. Does anyone know where I could get a list of what I need and preferably detailed drawings or a video guide since that's how I learn best as I thought it would be a fun little project.

Dan

ehhh thats going to be hard to build with TCSS parts, especially for somebody new to saber building.
    you might be better off getting one thats already built. doesnt have to be from hasbro if you know what i mean.

*okay after letting it sit in my brain for a bit, it looks like you want a list of parts similar to what is available for the ANH Obi saber, from the original trilogy.
    problem is, there is no list of parts because unlike the OT sabers being built from random scraps, the prequel trilogy sabers were all machined specifically. so there is no parts list.
    so what i said at first still applies. you need to find the whole saber, already machined. i cant point you anywhere from here since it would be bad policy to recommend purchasing saber stuff from other sites besides TCSS.
    google is your friend.
    Last edited by Jedi Mynock; 03-25-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

Thanks,

I wasn't looking to build it using parts from TCSS, I was looking to start from scratch, I've got all of the tools apart from a lathe for the more advanced stuff.
    After a lot of searching I've decided to try and follow this tutorial http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/plans...tyle2Intro.htm before attempting anything more advanced but I was looking for information like this geared towards a replica Kenobi or Qui Gon, where someone who's built one takes you through their build step by step from gathering the parts. I'd prefer to try and make one since it's more fun to try something yourself.

Having said that I would love to buy one "professionally made" so to speak (like a Parks Onyx or Phaeton), but I can't afford it (I've only got two Master Replicas and I only have those because they were good deals), although I'm hoping this Christmas I can get a Parks Onyx or Phaeton lightsaber. Although after what you wrote I took a look on google to see if I could find anything pre-made because it would be easier for me to attempt it if I had one sat in the same room that I could look at, but all I could find was an ebay listing that had finished (121081294697) but it didn't look like a complete set (I think there must be an aluminium pipe that runs through the middle missing). But I'll keep on googling to see what I can come up with on that front. (perhaps you could point me in the direction of a specific phrase to google)

Thanks for the advice.

Check out FX-Sabers.com. There are some good resources there for this saber. I picked up one from a well known machining run, on eBay for about $200. Not cheap, but beautiful. However, since the hilt is closer to the screen version, it can be rather difficult to put electronics into it. Your best bets would be to find a Hasbro FX version, pick up a machined model with electronics already installed, or use the site you found to make your own.

Good luck, that is one beautiful saber... I hope you are able to add it to your collection, whichever route you take!

Quote Originally Posted by TrypWyr View Post
    Check out FX-Sabers.com. There are some good resources there for this saber. I picked up one from a well known machining run, on eBay for about $200. Not cheap, but beautiful. However, since the hilt is closer to the screen version, it can be rather difficult to put electronics into it. Your best bets would be to find a Hasbro FX version, pick up a machined model with electronics already installed, or use the site you found to make your own.

Good luck, that is one beautiful saber... I hope you are able to add it to your collection, whichever route you take!

Thanks for the advice, I can't find anything like what I'm looking for on FX-sabers, but I've posted in the forum over there asking if anyone can point me in the right direction incase I've missed it. I tried to find a Hasbro one, but it's difficult in the UK the only place sellign Force FX sabers is Forbidden Planet, and since they all sold out a long time ago, and since the UK gets limited quantities (the newer ultimate FX sabers we have only just got the Gui Gon one in Toys R Us and the Obi Wan one still hasn't surfaced) on ebay the Hasbro FX is rarely seen (back in 2012 I passed on one that sold for £120) and the only one I've seen since is missing the box and the seller has listed it twice in 6 months at £500 with no bids being made. So my chances of getting that to start from as a base are really slim.

I'm currently trying to get hold of an already machined Kenobi and Qui Gon, but I'd still like to make my own, the main problem is I can't find much information about it.
    I took your advice and went to FX-sabers and ended up having to create a thread.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=39849.0
    Which sort of condeses how far I've got researching it.

Dan