Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Solus

Default Solus

Hi All

Been a while since I've posted a completed saber on here. As in my usual way, I get grand ideas, which I can't quite finish, so I defer to my good pal Daren at JQ and he does a great job of the final instal and finishing.

Solus is what was once referred to as my second sith saber, as seen in the link below. Though when it came down to the final hurdle it's very much a grey jedi saber. My ultimate and penultimate saber.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...2nd-Sith-Saber

The saber is MHS based with some mods and with a custom cut shroud.

The crystal chassis was made by me and based on chassis disc's of Tim's and works by sloth.

It's running a CF5 board, twin purple RGGB's, one for the blade and one for the chamber and a 2w speaker.

Video and more pics to come. Enjoy

aw 001.jpgaw 002.jpgaw 005.jpgaw 006.jpg
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

This is an SSS (Seriously Sweet Saber).

The whole thing looks great - and I love the Crystal Chamber in full view like that.

Beautiful saber - and that color scheme really works for that design. Bravo!

Congrats on a beautiful finished saber! I'm really liking the CC down by the pommel. It's not something you see very often, but it looks fantastic.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Way nice saber. It just screams Sith. Though for me I would make a grill cover for the crystal chamber but drill holes in so you can still see the light. That would look cool.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Seconded about the Crystal Chamber (feels a bit too open for my taste)
    Overall, I really like your design!
    I may be inspired by that shroud too (got the same BH).
    Clicky Sig =>

Clean design.. I like the Crystal chamber. I know what the other guys are saying about it, and if you felt inclined could add a piece of thin acrylic into the crystal chamber area... But like I said I like it the way it is! Clean saber!

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Way nice saber. It just screams Sith. Though for me I would make a grill cover for the crystal chamber but drill holes in so you can still see the light. That would look cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ryō View Post
    Seconded about the Crystal Chamber (feels a bit too open for my taste)
    Overall, I really like your design!
    I may be inspired by that shroud too (got the same BH).
    I wanted it to be quite open so you can see the chassis and crystal, there are two more viewing slots on the other side.
    Personally i'm not a fan of covered CC's because you can't see the effort gone into the design.

Besides why do what other people have eh.

Thanks for the comments.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Hi Peeps

I said I put up some more photos of this saber.

Now I have it in hand I'm blown away by how good the CF board is, the sound fonts and the choice is great.

BH1.jpgChamber (4).jpgChamber (1).jpg

Chamber (3).jpgChamber (2).jpg