Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: costume resources

well, i didnt think X-wing or anyone else answered your question with any ill feeling or snideness at all. if you take it that way, then fine, as it was explained already as plainly as possible.

but if you cant seem to understand, then maybe its best if you leave, as you sure seem to want god and everyone here, to bend to whatever you say.

well, my friend, welcome to the world, and life!!

you dont always get what you want, and when you want it, all handed to you on a silver platter. it sounds like your nothing more than a snobby lil rich kid who is used to gettin and doin whatever you want.

if not, then you need to lose the freakin chip on your shoulder bro.

sometimes if you act that way to someone in person, you might find yourself in a hospital bed.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

thank you for proving my case... snide remarks and attitude from you who I never even spoke with...

and for the record I was not aware of Tims request..

MAN oh MAN oh MAN

Look, I sit in the corner and mind my own business in this and most other forums I visit. I watch others flame and bicker. This board is one of my favorite boards to visit because there is none of that here, sure there are some members that get ribbed relentlessly but it is all in fun. Eclipse I think what has happened here is just a misunderstanding. You asked a question, xwing answered and it got away from everyone from that point on. Yes there are costuming threads on the board (thanks tim) yes we talk about all aspects of creating them or yes buying them. When it comes to sources for buying items your best bet is either that big auction site or just pm a member with something similar to what youare looking for. I assure you that the people on this board would be more than willing to assist you in finding what you are in need of, they are a great group of people. The various costuming threads have general information about the costumes involved and the people that post in the threads should have most of the knowledge that you seek. I know I have answered many questions from PMs about clone or storm costumes upto and including where to get things. It is in all of our best interests to keep a buy it from this person type thing off the board and in PMs, 1 it is a business website 2 one persons opinion varies greatly to anothers 3 LFL lets us play in their sandbox but has asked that we respect that generosity. Anyway I guess what I am trying to say is stick around eclipse these guys and gals are good people and 9 times out of 10 they will be able to answer your questions and help you out.
    When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Very well put Tazrob. You are correct about this being a great board to post and read at. Eclipse I agree with him about getting info through PMs. That keeps arguments form starting about who to buy from and who not to. Oh and yes I have been guilty of going down that path in other threads, and I apologize if I was a little to liberal with my opinions. You really should stick around. You won't find a nicer and more helpful group of people than here. If you like a certain costume then ask that person about it. I am working on an Anakin costume and a Jango costume. I know there are others who do vader, boba, stormtroopers, xwing pilots, etc. If there isn't a thread about a particular costume you would like to see then start a thread and ask people to post pictures of their costumes. That then gives you a lead to PM that person and inquire about the costume. I am not trying to come across in the wrong manner. I just wanted to maybe help the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse
    thank you for proving my case... snide remarks and attitude from you who I never even spoke with...

and for the record I was not aware of Tims request..
    only proof here, is you ask for advise, advice was given, and you jumped down everyones throat with the I DONT HAVE ROOM, thing, we heard that, and we understood that.

opinions were given, but you chose to be blinded, and think everyone here was tryin to cut your throat or something.

if you ask for advise it will be given, but if its not to your liking, then dont complain or say were being rude, and insulting you.

GROW UP dude!!

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

now first off I was ready to hash this a while ago, but let me assure you I am not rich, I am not snobby, I wish I was still a kid, and I work my tail off for everything I have. so without making it any more of a stink lets just drop it.... its pointless because all that would happen is we would play that whole Internet Rambo poop and drive everyone up a wall.
    secondly I appreciate the responses in order to help clear this up. I thank you JediMcD, tazrob, and James3 we did have a communication error sorry for that. but by the time I got home from work this thread was so far gone I didn't know what to think.
    as for the reason for this thread, it seems that it was pointless in the first place..... I was not aware of Tim's rule and that's ok, but what I was looking for is bits and pieces to put together to help me put a decent costume together. then do my own alterations and accessories to add to it.. I was even thinking of trying to get a friend with a bit of space to let me make a vacuum table out at his house to make my partial armor for the costume...

I for one actually hope that you are successful in getting your tunics, robes, and assorted gear. I know how much fun I have had with it.

Also, if you didn't realize it before we tend to attempt to avoid major fights by using obsurd humor to just get everyone to shake their heads give a little laugh as they call us morons and move on. :P

Anyway, PLEASE feel free to jump in to our assorted topics on various costumes and like xwing said maybe give Tim an e-mail to see where he is on stocking them as it was talked about a bit.

Just don't EVER bring up the Luke ESB FX and all will be good
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Hey james........

BOO!!!!

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

well, it sounds like we're all cool here now, thats good.

Eclipse, any help or questions, feel free to ask, there are extremely talented folk here, and if asked, surely will help if they can.

im glad this got settled , and we can return to normal round here, ehh, wait, just what is normal, LOL

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208