Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: costume resources

See what happens when I avoid a topic because I think it's boaring...

It goes and blows up!

This is on the fast track to getting

What I don't get is why he flew off the handle...

What are you looking for? A completed costume? Someone to custom make one? Or a list of places that you can get various parts?

My suggestion is to PM some of the people here that have made costumes and get their advice, and read the costuming topics on this forum, as there is a LOT of information to be had on them.

And I hope you don't leave on the account of a little heat... That would be a shame. There are some things you can't do on a store forum that you can do on others, sometimes it takes trial and error to find the proper etiquette. You did good by asking for Tim’s blessing on this. While we can’t speak for Tim we’re just letting you know what has happened in the past.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Good one McD!

Somehow I got a feelin' we aint done yet
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Alrighty...

I thought I had stated it clearly before... I guess not. If you want a topic for costuming links AS IN BUILDING THEM, then that is cool. That's totally in the spirit of this forum.

Asking for links for where you can buy completed stuff isn't kosher for two reasons:
    1) This is Tim's business and it may have gone past most but he did say that he was looking into getting some jedi garb type stuff going for the shop if the samples he recieved were up to his standards. Not sure if that plan flew, but it was out there.
    2) Anyone making them other than Rubies and Altmanns are unlicensed and throwing around links could potentially get them under the microscope of LFL. The microscope could fall on Tim too as "harboring" people dealing in unlicensed goods. Not throwing around links is standard fare even on boards that have no business aspect to them.

If this doesn't fit what you are looking for just PM me and I'll lock it.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse
    Well I was thinking about this for a couple days now so with all due respect... I want to touch on something http://thecustomsa.web133.discountas...opic.php?t=285 these are not all homemade costumes... yeah I am trying to find a place that does custom tunics myself but I do plan on making my own accessories but I have no room where I live to get into large projects. making a saber, custom making a Jedi belt, ect, ect. these things I can do. I have no space to do much more though. so I need to find my tunics elsewhere.
    now I am not trying to take the spirit of the forums away. but I also thought that helping others was part of the spirit of most any forum.
    not all parts of them are, but IF YOU READ THE THREAD, you would see we started off with premades, and altered them, or completely swapped out or scratch made ourselves parts of our vaders,

so they may have started off as not homemade, or put together vaders, but NOW THEY ARE!!! after we done all the work we done to them to makem better.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

One of the more interresting threads ive seen in a while......

Pull up the.................

Break out the............

And pop the top of the............

Unless sugar gets you.........

Then drink the low test........

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

Very creative Ambo.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Holy Snitz Batman!

Damn fine job there Ambo, DAMN FINE JOB!

Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

This sums it up
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

guess ole eclipse decided to bug out, well if he wants to, then im not gonna hold him back. lol

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

well it seems that while I was working a 10 hour shift it was mistaken for "buggin out" well I think that's what I'm going to do. rude insults and constant harassment seems to be the way people here communicate. not only did I state my case when xwing replied to my post, but I thought it was in a relatively decent manner. but then others had to chime in and make matters worse. I dropped the situation after my response to James.. it was YOU who kept it going.... Nice Job...