Thread: NB Wiring

Default NB Wiring

This will be my first attempt at wiring up a NB. Question I have is from the manual it says I need an resistor for the main led.
    i have a P4 Led and it has a forward voltage of 3.25 according to the store and using a 3.7 volt battery

Question 1. so I would need a 2w 1ohm resistor ...correct
    Question 2. I am using a accent led and that I can just tie in with the main led
    Last edited by jin starkiller; 03-06-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jin starkiller View Post
    This will be my first attempt at wiring up a NB. Question I have is from the manual it says I need an resistor for the main led.
    i have a P4 Led and it has a forward voltage of 3.25 according to the store and using a 3.7 volt battery

Question 1. so I would need a 2w 1ohm resistor ...correct
    Question 2. I am using a accent led and that I can just tie in with the main led
    To answer your questions:

1. Yes.
    2. You can either tie it into the main LED (it might need a resistor too, depending on what your using), OR you can use the 3.3v pad which would be ideal for one accent LED
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

If you connect the accent LED to the main LED, you want to wire it in parallel, not in series. You will need a resistor for it as well.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!