Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New purple blade tests on the way

The problem is the vf is different for each color so they have to be driven on different circuits. Or you can wire them serial for a 5 or 6v vf

yeah true i could, but rgb leds suck to do in parrell

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by LeMoel View Post
    yeah true i could, but rgb leds suck to do in parrell
    How so? I would say that hey are exceptionally easy to work with and that Ohm's Law is not difficult to work with either.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

well i find to attach them to eachother os more work, but if you cut off the color you arent using then it wouldnt be too bad i guess

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by LeMoel View Post
    well i find to attach them to eachother os more work, but if you cut off the color you arent using then it wouldnt be too bad i guess
    I guess it is "more" work to connect in //. 3 or 4 solder pads vs. 2 solder pads. Not exactly sure what you mean by the second part of your statement, but if it means that you simply don't hook up the die that you aren't using, then yes it would indeed save you some work. That is, of course if you were going without FoC on your saber

Oh, and about your idea of painting the white LEDs, it will work relatively well. I have been doing it for a couple of years for purple Crystal Pommels and they are nice. For a string blade, it think it would indeed work, but talk about a LOT of work, lol.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!