Thread: Recommendations for non-Star Wars, non-silly sound fonts?

Default Recommendations for non-Star Wars, non-silly sound fonts?

Apologies for cross-posting (I also posted this to fx-sabers), but I'm in a hurry to get feedback.
    For my wedding party next month, a dancer friend will be dancing with an illuminated saber of my making. It will contain a Petit Crouton 1.6. I was initially thinking of making it without sound, but now I'm thinking it might be nice to have sound. I just don't want it to sound like a lightsaber, and I don't want it to sound silly. (I know there are plenty of joke/gimmicky sound fonts out there.) The first that popped to mind was Novastar's "Steel Sword." But I'm not terribly up on the non-Star Wars sound fonts available. Does anyone have any suggestions? By the way, the dancer will be dancing a variation on a traditional Japanese dance of celebration. (That doesn't mean I'm looking for something that sounds "Oriental." 95% of the guests will be Japanese, and "Orientalism" will come off as tacky or weird to such a crowd.) Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    There's always a bigger fish.

Have you checked www.saberfont.com yet? There's a ton of them available for sale, and most (if not all) have previews.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I found them earlier, and, yeah, they have a ton. Which I why I'm asking for recommendations.

Looking through my font CDs yields the following list:
    Elemental - H2O
    Nano Deus Tachi
    Phoenix Pyre
    Steel Sword
    ResBlade
    Chain Whip
    Iron Inferno

Hope that helps

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Thanks for the recommendations, Skottsaber! I've put Phoenix Pyre, Steel Sword, and ResBlade on my list of candidates, but the others seem to be no longer available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Looking through my font CDs yields the following list:
    Elemental - H2O
    Nano Deus Tachi
    Phoenix Pyre
    Steel Sword
    ResBlade
    Chain Whip
    Iron Inferno

Hope that helps

I've always liked Satori Zen and Elemental Ice.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I decided to go with ResBlade. Purchased it from Saberfont.com. Such a cool and strange sound font. Thanks for the suggestions!

A shame it's only a Petit Crouton. I love ResBlade with pitch shifting ramped up super high.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Yeah, I thought about that, too, when I saw the video, but I have to keep the cost on this one to minimum. Still love the sound, though, even without the pitch shifting.