Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is your favorite sound font,and why?

Yes! Madcow's stuff does rock!!!

Madcows Shatterpoint has always been a favorite of mine, but Links artificial intelligence font N.I.C.O.L.E is my current favorite. I have that on every saber I own right now.

I haven't extensively used many fonts, because it was such a pain to get them swapped out on my first build. That will change in the new configuration. Until then, it's actually going to be Dark Meat for my favorite. I love my Igniter, and they did such a good job putting together sound fonts for it, but...I kicked on my PC 1.5 for the first time and heard that classic Vader ignition and I was hooked. I have always been a Vader fan and probably always will be.

Lightsabers are not "whee happy fun time". They are dangerous, effective, deadly tools for protecting oneself from hostiles. To me, the sound of a saber should reflect this. I know there are a lot of mid and upper range hums and swings, and many of them sound great, but to me a saber should sound powerful; menacing. This means a low, rumbling hum, aggressive swings and clashes. The very sight and sound of a saber igniting should be enough to end a fight, let alone witnessing its cutting power. Dark Meat does that for me.

Maybe I'm just a Sith at heart. ^_^

That Vader font was sick. All I heard in my mind was his breathing in the background. Lol. I don't have a Petit Crouton saber yet but when I do I might either get Korriban, Sithlord Unleashed, or Vader OT. Then I'll let you know which is my favorite. I'm doing a secret Sith build. ;o
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Just be sure you're careful when soldering the switch contacts. I was inexperienced and managed to bridge five pins of the large IC in the center of the board. I was using the wrong kind of solder and the board was held at a steep angle in my helping hands; the solder ran straight into the IC's pins and fused them. I was able to clear the pins recently, and all is well, but I'm sure that's more to do with being fortunate than being skilled.

If you haven't experienced the PC yet, I would say it's definitely worth it to get one. There are other boards with more features, but this one will get you up and running pretty quick/simple. I know I like it. I think you'll be hard-pressed to find many people who don't.

Anyway, not trying to derail the topic; just wanted to throw in that tidbit of experience for those who haven't handled the PC before. Proceed.

Hhmmmm.... ok lets play!

From Novastar:

- Crystalline workshop is the most epic font ever (for crystal chamber sabers)
    - Yoda (Vocal's)

From Nightstorm:

- Jk2 Outcast
    - TFUR:USE <----- BEST FONT EVER CREATED As far as for me personally (Sry but through my build Im deeply connected to that font)

From Shadeslinger:

- Valkyrie

From Madcow:

- Hero
    - Shatterpoint
    - Revenge
    - Korriban

(... Actually just buy them all)

From Juansith: (at fx sabers)

- CfV Legends

nuff said...

Some from our very own TCSS family!!

From Phoenix Reborn/Jedi:

- Pre Vizsla (<- the darksaber from clone wars)
    - Savaage Oppress

From Sekrogue1985:

- The duelist
    - The Brawler

A Long live the FREESIDE font from Lordblako: (Go check out his other fonts!)

Super Mario!
    http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=36680.0

And a request.... PLEASE Tell Sunrider we want "Electrum" on Cf/Pc2.0

Thanks
    ~dgdve
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

All of Madcow's fonts, are my favorite.

I have yet to build my lightsaber and I have only looked at saberfonts.com but so far my favourite one and the one I will most likely use would be madcow's hero font, I love the sound of luke's lightsaber in ROTJ and I had a fx version of luke's lightsaber (the green glow was darker than it should have been so it was better) as a kid until my dad broke it fighting my uncle and my lightsaber is going to be green so I think it will suit very well.
    These aren't the droids your looking for

I have not done this process yet either but I have looked at some of the fonts and I tend to gravitate to the evil and unstable sounding fonts. Bane, fallen, ancient saber, and ghosts of the grey all come to mind. I have also checked out a few of the dual phase crystal fonts that sound like some internal arcing is going on (Crossguard VII, Ruinga, Sacrifice, Star Wars The Old Republic Unstable). Makes you wonder if your saber is going to blowup in your hand, epic. I am a fan of Lord Blako, Madcow and novastar all have some really cool fonts out there as well.

Cheers.
    Last edited by DarthSkummelavsky; 02-08-2017 at 04:23 PM.