Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite sound font,and why?

Default What is your favorite sound font,and why?

I just got a P.C 2.0 with dark meat and I love it! It sounds great in my saber! I want to get some more sound fonts but I can't make up my mind on which to get? As I start to play the previews on saberfont.com they all start to come together and I get confused on what I like! I was wondering what you guys all like and why. Please post your opinion and help me make up my mind on what to get! Thanks!

Madcow's "Vader OT". I've used it in the past three sabers I've built and I love it. It feels like a classic lightsaber and has that real "original trilogy" feel. It's an incredible font. It's.. just unreal. I haven't used it with a red or Sithy lightsaber, but I imagine it would be awesome.

I also like Novastar's "Episode 3 Obi-Ani". It's good for getting two fonts for the price of one. I prefer the Obi-Wan version, but that's just me; I prefer a fast, very active lightsaber soundfont.

I have two equal favorites. First is Madcow's Korriban font, which is the main font I use for my saber. It's got a really nice aggressive hum, that in my opinion could be either sithy or jedi. The swings are mostly classic sounding, with the clashes sounding prequel-ish is a good mix. Also it has my favorite ignition sound, the "snap hiss" similar to Luke's in ROTJ. I plain love it.

Second, but not far off, is Nightstorm' The Force Unleashed 2 Remastered. I love this font simply because I love the Galen Marek character and the sounds of the font make match the games perfectly and also work for either a jedi or sith saber. All around just a great font.
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

I have an almost-completed Vader for a friend so I picked up "Vader OT", it's amazing. Just wouldn't be a Vader saber without those iconic sounds.

Personally tho, for my Sith saber, it's Korriban all the way. For fun I like Novastar's Ancient Saber and Madcow's Calibrate (a must have with a crystal chamber and/or PLI strip).

I have Madcow's Korriban on the sith build I am working on, and let me tell you, it is more than a Dooku font, it is THE quintessential sith font. The swings have that deep synthetic buzz to them, the clashes are short and crisp and the force lightning is just unreal. For Jedi fonts I really like Novastar's Episode 2. It has lots of classic effects.

The first font I got was Korriban and kept it for about a month before switching to Vader OT. I haven't found anything I liked better thus far. But its hard to beat anything that sounds like, looks like, or even smells like episode IV.

Rain sizzle, I love the sound on this one. So much so that I like it on as a background 'white noise' when relaxing at home. But as a saber file this is just plain fun, rain or shine.

I bought the korriban sound font and I like it but the volume is a little low for my taste! The dark meat font that came with the PC is so loud that my wife complaines it is to loud!

Two of my favorite fonts are "Graflex V" and "MPP HD".

These are not on saberfont.com but rather sold independently by a fellow who goes by the name of Juansith on the FX-Sabers forum. They are 100% screen accurate fonts of Luke and Vader's sabers from Empire Strikes Back. (Graflex V being Luke's and MPP HD being Vader's). Believe me when I say that these are SPOT ON! They are so freaking accurate and they are absolutely incredible. That might be a path you wish to take.

Here's his demo video of Graflex V
    http://s912.photobucket.com/user/Jua...8a992.mp4.html

and MPP HD.
    http://s912.photobucket.com/user/Jua...01630.mp4.html

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

I'm a big fan of Madcow's stuff