Thread: Novasound 3.0/ Ultrasound question

Default Novasound 3.0/ Ultrasound question

I asked this in another forum as well, and just doubling up to try and get an answer. Forgive the subject line. I bought this thing off evilbay a year ago when I was ignorant of it and before reading here the story behind it. Hindsight 20/20. Planned to make kids MHS sabers to replace the sink tube ones they had and to go up a little from the Obi-wan econo boards. 5 year olds were not getting $130 PC's, and the NB had not yet been introduced at the time.

Anyway, I've had it just sitting since March or April of last year. Finally placed the order here last week to build the sabers, and decided to do a trial setup to test the board. From all I had heard, the expectations were low, and if the board was crap, I wouldn't waste any time before ordering NB's to replace these limp bizkits. So I set it up with a P4 green I had laying around and using a single 3.7 14500 in a 2AA holder with a dummy cell (all I had laying around to power it). The battery was charged also. Everything worked, except the swing sounds played near constantly, regardless of the sensitivity setting. My question here for anyone that had experience with US2.5's or similar (since from what I gather this is basically the same thing), is there something that would trigger this (too small with 3.7V, running wires through the bottom of the board, etc.) or is the board itself just crap? The latter would be my assumption, but I want to check for any other insight before I give up on it.

In the event that the board is garbage, everything I've ordered was setup to fallback on the Nano Biscotte without incurring any extra expenses (aside from the board itself).

Thanks for any answers, and forgive me for feeding the problem. I've got to plead ignorance in that matter.

that is usually because the battery is low... I've got a couple of nova sounds in my sabers and thats the usual cause of the over active swing sensor. they are cheap boards but very loud and easy to set up. hope this helps.
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....

also I use 4aaa or 2 3.7 li-ions to run them. lasts longer

Thanks for the reply. I backed out on a 7.4V source after reading that those boards didn't do well with the excess voltage. I may end up trying 4AAA NiMH if the setup I had planned doesn't work out. I will give the 16500 a chance though since its going to be better than what i was using for the test. The single 14500 trustfire.

I did find that it did this depending on the blade flicker setting. On a solid blade, it wouldn't act up, but on a fast flicker it went nuts.

from memory 3.7 is minimum I think it was 4.5v but not sure without checking. the first Saber I bought was from Saber forge...xmas present. it ran 3aaa

Evidently the battery wasn't as charged as I thought. I put it on the charger for a good 40 mins or so and it never did fully charge. But since it was already 1am, I tried it and it made a difference. No more crazy swing sounds regardless of the setting. Much brighter blade as well. This was just a 14500 AA style trustfire in a 2AA holder with a dummy cell which is a pretty pathetic source. I want the in-hilt recharge so I ordered a 3.7V 16500. Seems like it will work ok from what I've gathered tonight, but I can always swap out to a 4AAA NiMH 4.8V source without having to go to great lengths. And I'll have the 16500's in case I ever move up to the NB.

Thanks for the help though. I could have sworn I had charged those batteries not too long ago.