Thread: 20 MM mini speaker question

Default 20 MM mini speaker question

I just got my latest shipment from you guys...Thanks Tim! Got here very quickly! I recieved 6 speakers that i ordered, 3, 25mm bass, and 3, 20mm mini's.
    They look like a nice speaker (the mini's) and are built by the same company that made the 40mm 3 watt that I used in my Proto-saber. The question I have is this , I noticed the mini speakers are rated for 4Ohm, 3 watt... I build with many different boards and hilt styles, I'm wondering if an 8ohm, 2-3 watt sound-board would work with this speaker???, in that I have a few builds where this would obviously fit better than the 25mm. Thanks for the reply in advance!

I have used the new ones with a CF6 and it works well.
    Video in the link.
    http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=39348.0
    The sound is set on 3 in that saber.
    butthurtz is a path to the darkside.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to butthurtz. Butthurtz leads to suffering

has any one tried the "clam shell" method to mount/use 2 speakers mounted face to face,
    one needs to be connected 180* out of phase with the other so they move together 1 on incursion the other on excursion as opposed to
    both moving in excursion at the same time slamming into each other. Series or parallel determines the load the amp will see...
    I have built many car sub boxes this way;
    just wondering if the amplifier would be able to handle the load?
    for example two 4ohm speakers wired in series, the amp will see an 8ohm load
    or two 8ohm speakers wired parallel, the amp will see a 4ohm load

Last edited by loosekannonn; 05-14-2013 at 07:31 PM.