Thread: I'm a bit slow with the volts, watts, etc...help!

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default I'm a bit slow with the volts, watts, etc...help!

i'm planning on wiring up my saber this weekend...i purchased a blue seoul p4 kit - it says "4V - 1000mA" on the main LED page for the p4. with the kit came a 4xAA holder that, to save space, i'm swapping out for a 4xAAA...still 6V there. it also came with a 3.3ohm 5w resistor...k i've no clue what the heck that means. so here's my question...i was intending on using a mace windu soundboard that came from a 4.5V setup... with the stuff i have here, am i gonna be ok to run this as-is, or do i need to get a different resistor? if so, what do i need? i don't understand this side of things at all so...help!
    Last edited by jcook1023; 02-14-2013 at 11:33 PM.
    "See first with your mind, then with your eyes, and finally with your body."

You should use Nimh rechargeable AAA batteries. Four of them will produce 4.8volts. That sould be fine to run the board and LED.
    Last edited by redeyejedi; 02-15-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Force Aware
    Force Aware

4 NiMH? i was looking at some of those in walmart actually...they have those + charger for $10 on sale! guess i'll pick that up tomorrow!
    "See first with your mind, then with your eyes, and finally with your body."

They'll do the job. There is a charger energizer sells that's a quick charger and it has a car adapter and will charge the batteries in around a half an hour.