Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First custom saber

Red face First custom saber

Hi, I'm a rookie saber builder so I'm very glad to show you my first creation.
    Hope you like it, all comments are well come

DSERV1_04.jpgDSERV1_06.jpg

I like the job you did with the leather wrap. It looks very well done.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I like the job you did with the leather wrap. It looks very well done.
    Thanks Silver Serpent, yes that's leather, I tried different ways to wrap it, and finally I decided to do it like this.

Well done, nice and clean look and the grip looks cool yet practical.

Is it just the picture, or does the blade holder actually have a burnt look to it?
    If so, how did you do that? I'm wanting to do the same thing on some claws for the saber I'm building now.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Welcome Lemontroyer, and nicely done on your first build! I really like the smooth look of that leather wrapping.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by The Yin View Post
    Well done, nice and clean look and the grip looks cool yet practical.
    Is it just the picture, or does the blade holder actually have a burnt look to it?
    If so, how did you do that? I'm wanting to do the same thing on some claws for the saber I'm building now.
    Thanks for your comment Yin.
    This is a real burned fx, I think that the huge energy of the real lightsaber blade can burn the holder so that is exactly that I made.
    You can take a blowtorch and burn the metal carefully, you can see how the color appears, when more time you burn, more blue you get, anyway, the piece that I use is steel, not aluminium.
    Sorry for my poor english, I try my best.

that's that same thing I was thinking. for my saber I have some claws designed that will reach over the blade holder and be just a cm or so from the blade. So it makes sense that it would be burnt.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

To get the burnt look on aluminum, you'd have to use paint. Aluminum just melts and burns away without discoloring.

Steel looks great when heat treated that way. I actually didn't notice it the first time I looked at the pics. It's subtle, and very tastefully done.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I love those grips. I've got to try something like that. I'm not sure where to find the leather, though. Closest thing I can find in my area is for tennis racquets.

I love simple designs like this. It doesn't appear on the surface that it has a lot going on, but that is what makes it so nice looking.