Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kratos Custom Saber w/ Petit Crouton v 2.0

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Kratos Custom Saber w/ Petit Crouton v 2.0

Kratos
    ~Vigor of Spirit~

Hey Saberfans,

I’m very excited to show you a brand new custom off the Calvary Custom Sabers’ bench. This saber is MHS based and was commissioned by Johannes H. Of the FX sabers Forum. This design started as a thumbnail sketch which was submitted to me on a page of numerous designs. Johannes told me to pick one, so I choose this.

From there we developed the design to incorporate the feel of a truly functional weapon. Using aggressive and flowing shrouds, little features like a faux safety piece, and an uber low profile custom box, we came up with the render below. He created the render. I have nowhere near those 3D skillz...

From there it was simply a matter of getting the saber made. In building the saber it was made clear he did not want a “fresh off the bench” look to the saber. He wanted something which looked used, but also cared for and regularly cleaned. Like a good gun, it will eventually gain weathering, but also be clean and perfectly functional. So, I attempted to naturally weather each piece as I worked with it in the shop. You’ll have to tell me how I did.

This saber would not be what it is had it not been for the incredible custom machining work of TCSS. Tim machined the spiral vents in the middle of the saber, milled out spaces for the bargraph and Faux safety switch, AND did some custom machining on the BH. Thanks TCSS for helping in make an incredible piece. The Powdercoating was done by myself, and the color is black chrome. This is a beautiful color and looks especially nice on this hilt if I do say so myself.

This saber is powered by the Plecterlabs Petit Crouton™ 2.0, which is driving the LEDengine 10W BBBB with two Dies wired in series. The config file is setup to remove all flickering and shimmering of the blade, as requested by Johannes. This is a cool reminder of just how versatile the PC is and how it can be adapted to any user’s desire.

So, with all of that being said, here are some official specs for Kratos
    - 100% TCSS MHS based original design with large amounts of custom Machining by Tim of TheCustomSaberShop.
    - Black Chrome Powder-coating
    - Low Profile Box made from TCSS Grip sleeve material. Props to eastern57 for that idea.
    - Custom Cut and Weathered Shrouds.
    - Faux Safety switch made from raw aluminum bar and lots of filing.
    - Petit Crouton v2.0 w/ Nightstorm’s “Tranquility” Soundfont.
    - Custom made 7 segment Blue Bar-graph
    - 840mah 14500 Li-ion Pack
    - 12mm Blue ring AV switch
    - 2W MegaBass Speaker

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHSM5rJZAHY

Glam pics, cause that's what you really want to see.

Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

That's a delicious looking saber there. Those spiral vents look great, it's just a shame that they're mostly covered up by the shroud. No complaints though, it gives a fantastic layered appearance to the whole thing.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Very nice looking saber here.

I like the slightly weathered look too. Plus, by the time I'm done working with it, it looks that way any how. : )
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Beautiful saber with intricate layering.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Very nice! I like the Black Chrome under the brushed aluminum and the way you did the activation box.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Wow gorgeous work! The black chrome pc with that shroud work make a beautiful combo!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Great work on the saber!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Awesome hilts like this one make me want to start on my next one sooner... haha great job!
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

nice saber.i like the shroud design and the vent work adds a nice touch to the inner hilt.Well done
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....