Thread: What should I go with? P4 Green or LedEngin RGGB using the two green dies?

Default What should I go with? P4 Green or LedEngin RGGB using the two green dies?

Would be run with a soundboard powered by a 7.4 14500 pack. Would the difference in brightness be worth bothering with it even? The cost difference between the muli-color LEDEngin and the single die P4 isn't enough to matter, though I'm not interested in a single color LedEngin. Planning on doing a pair for my kids using a couple Novasound 3.0 boards I got for cheap off ebay early last year (Before I read about it here and found out the story behind them, so don't hold it against me). Looking to step up from the initial sink tube & econo board sabers I built them a couple years ago, and also will set them up to where they can be joined into a staff from time to time. Too bad the NB wasn't out at the time.

Ahh, nevermind this question. Looks like GG in series is too much for the 7.4 pack and I'm also guestimating that the crappy boards will get hot running the P4 though the board with 7.4v. Likely will just go P4 with a couple accent LED's to try and make the voltage requirement a little more, and then if the boards fry, will replace in the future with NB's and re-do everything. Man, wish I had waited a few months instead of buying this. They have sat for nearly a year untouched, and the NB was introduced during that time. Not going NIMH just to reduce voltage as I already have a smart charger for my PC saber and want to keep everything Li-Ion from here on out.