Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to wire a Nano Biscotte

I would use a resistor. Fully charged, a li-ion battery puts out around 4.2v.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...1391#post51391 has the instructions on wiring up a recharge port. Just be sure your switch LED negative is run to the green wire in the diagram (the same as your NB), so that it'll shut off when you insert the kill key.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks so much Silver Serpent! That helps a lot. I'll make sure to get a proper resistor for the LED's.

This information is so helpful! For the sake of not making a new thread, I thought this would be a good opportunity to ask a noobish question , After doing some calculations I was wondering if it would be okay to use a p4 green (4.1v) with 4 NiMH aaa batteries (4.8v) without a resistor if I set the drive adjustment on the NB to 873.8125 from the standard 1023, I believe that's more than the required 80% right?? I just ask because I wanna use the MWS instead of doing this myself and thought it would be pesky to fit a resistor in there

You would need a resistor, because the typical Vf for a green is more like 3.6-3.8V. The 4.1V is the MAX it could be. So a little work is in your future, unless you decide to go with a Li-Ion battery.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Fishsticks.. well thank you I guess I'm going to have to suck it up! Fortunately I wont have to do any on board soldering though ... I've had terrible experiences in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Fishsticks.. well thank you I guess I'm going to have to suck it up! Fortunately I wont have to do any on board soldering though ... I've had terrible experiences in the past
    It takes some skill to do board soldering and do it well.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com