Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nano Biscotte Fries Another SD Card

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

You do not want all of that bare wiring.. Heat the pad up for a second while pushing the wire through the rest of the way until you do not have any bare wire on the wire side then just snip off the extra sticking out the bottom.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Thanks for the advice. I pushed the wires down throught the pads and trimmed the bottoms and I covered the switch post with heat shrink.

How's it look now?

Much cleaner. Let's hope that prevents any future problems.

There's a ton of little things that can make a saber act up. I hate for people to have recurring issues with their sabers. It can leave a bad taste in their mouth for our hobby. Let's hope everything works from now on.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks again for the help. Hopefully this will be the end of it. I appreciate it everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Well, he did indicate that the heat shrink wasn't shrunk, but just loosely set over it. The heat shrink is unnecessary anyhow, since he's using chassis discs.

I'd love to see some up-close photos of your solder joints, to see how much wire is exposed.
    It doesn't matter. The board is still covered by it.

Anyways, I just read thru this and I am glad to see that you got the issue resolved. Your wiring looks a lot cleaner now thanks to Strydur's advice, too. Good work and keep building.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Just wanted to saay this is why I love these forums. Great community support that is very informed and well experienced. Glad to see you got your issue resolved and know what to keep an eye out for when I start a soldering build.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

Quote Originally Posted by Caine Drathul View Post
    It doesn't matter. The board is still covered by it.

Anyways, I just read thru this and I am glad to see that you got the issue resolved. Your wiring looks a lot cleaner now thanks to Strydur's advice, too. Good work and keep building.
    Ok I've removed the heatshrink sleeve from my board. I feel like it was extra protection. Here is a pic of the board in the heat shrink sleeve.

I just don't want another problem to arrise from removing it. I'm only able to use 1 chasis disc, because the other disc interfiers with my switch...witch is directly over my board.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCafe View Post
    Just wanted to saay this is why I love these forums. Great community support that is very informed and well experienced. Glad to see you got your issue resolved and know what to keep an eye out for when I start a soldering build.
    I love this community too. I won't be sure the problem is resolved until I charge my saber a few more times and the SD Card remains uncorrupted.

If you're concerned about the switch accidentally making contact with the NB board, some people put a piece of foam tape on the boards to keep things separated.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!